PDA

View Full Version : Bose, or something else?

02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I've got my Avant on order already, but have been having second thoughts about adding the BOSE stereo into the order.

The thought process started off with thinking if I should swap to the 20" wheels over the 19" option I went with, but have decided this is not the way to go.

So, I'm back to adding the BOSE option. I do like my music and whilst I know a car is always acoustically challenged, like a good stereo. I have the Logic 7 set in my 6 series and am very impressed by it.

My question is two fold really, is the BOSE option worth the money? Is it a large step up over standard?
Secondly, if you were to order you car again, what option would you add (at around the £1000 price point!)

Trying to see if there is anything else that would be more sensible to add. The car is for family duties and if I get on with it, could well be a keeper. Hence wanting to get the options right.

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
It rather depends what you have already ordered, but ACC and HUD would be top of my list. The standard stereo meets my needs, and I also like music.

02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Nothing too grand spec wise,
Heated seats
Power tailgate
Built in sun blinds
Storage pack
Ami

Will look at the ACC, always liked the sound of that and we do a lot of mway miles. Can you remember how much it is?

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 06:20 PM
ACC is 1500 + VAT but if you are considering it, you are much better off spending 2708.33 + VAT on Tech Pack Advanced. If it's any consolation that saves you 216.67 + VAT on the AMI!

The Tech Pack Advanced takes you into a new realm of fun and joy (and maybe a bit of safety). It's like a different car. I would take it over all the options you mentioned except maybe the heated seats. If you can afford HUD as well, it completes the package.

02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately that takes me well out of what I've allocated to spend on the car!

I agree they sound great toys though! I can justify another k, even 1.5. But sticking another 3.5 in means less money for other things (e.g. My 997 pot and her new kitchen!)

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
...well I would save a considerable amount by sticking with standard wheels, going for SE rather than S (if you have chosen S) and removing most of the options you have selected, but hey! different strokes!

02-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I started with a SE, but I found the seats to disagree with me, plus xenons are a must for me.

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Chacun à son goût - I realise that my taste and preferences are at odds with many Audi buyers. I would hate an S and big wheels!

02-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I made sure I drove both before ordering. After years in my 6 series with 19s and rfts, most things feel rather supple!

I'd have loved to go to town on the tech options, but I'd set a budget and I need to stick to it.

ti rich
02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the Bose is worth £1k. I could not live with the standard system. If you are used to the Logic 7 system in the BMW then the standard system will not be good enough for sure.

My Bose took a few weeks to run in.

02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for that. I'm a long way from my dealer so can't really get in to try it out. I need to get the change in ASAP so that I don't affect my build date. As the car is a potential keeper, I think I'd kick myself if I didn't get it.

ti rich
02-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks for that. I'm a long way from my dealer so can't really get in to try it out. I need to get the change in ASAP so that I don't affect my build date. As the car is a potential keeper, I think I'd kick myself if I didn't get it.

Where about are you based?

Welcome to have a listen to mine!

nealeb
02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
If you are getting xenons anyway, I would add in the adaptive xenon option. Don't bother with LED, though.

03-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Where about are you based?

Welcome to have a listen to mine!

Manchester during the weeks and normally Berkshire at the weekends. Not too far from the M6 so might be do-able. If I'm doing the drive without the family I will drop you a line. Many thanks.

Will read up on adaptive xenons.

03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Hmm, like the sound of adaptive lights. I have auto high beam assit on my 6 series and do like it a lot.

man le-mans
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
The auto high beam is a cheap option. When i had my upgraded Bose system on my A6 a few years back it was great system and when i got my new A6 last year i wish i had upgraded the system again from the standard as the bose was much much better

MFGF
03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Being in the lucky position of having access to two audis - my A6 with the standard sound system and a 2010 TT with Bose, I have to admit that it's impossible (for me) to distinguish any difference in quality between them. Mind you, I'm rapidly degenerating into a deaf old codger :) (eh sonny?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD