PDA

View Full Version : Engine remapping for A6 2.8 Quattro auto

Dollster
31-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi people, first post today and looking for some advice.

Anyone got any experience about remapping for a 1999 A6 auto? I can't believe with all that grunt it still takes almost 10 secs to get up to 60 - has anyone had something similar done for an (albeit slightly unfashionable) auto? And before you chastise me about not buying an auto if I wanted performance, it was a concession to the missus...

Cheers

Sam
31-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard.

The 2.8 is an NA right? Supercharger for the best power vs money upgrade.

A generic remap will give you top end power, a more bespoke one may be able to give you some lower end power. It's a minimal gain though.

Have a look in the Tuning section of our Supporting Companies

VanWheeler
01-08-2007, 12:25 AM
You'll be looking about 20hp and 30nm torque on this with a sharper throattle response, smoother throught the mid range and you should see an improvement in the fuel consumption. Feel free to call, PM or email me.

Thanks, Mark

Dollster
01-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the heads-up fellas. Having read the extended thread about the remapping there seems to be some debate about the safety of reprogramming the ECU.

Reading between the lines (and bearing in mind I'm something of a ludite when it comes to this kind of jiggery pokery), those people complaining of blowing their engines up are likely to be driving manual transmissions and red lining them - I'm guessing that an auto will change up before the revs get dangerously high for an extended period, even if you're using tiptronic.

Mark, can't email you direct as I'm a noob without enough posts yet, so what sort of money we talking - is the £175 figure on your info thread still accurate?

Cheers

VanWheeler
01-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi There,

Basically yes, we only remap cars well within their limits. You have as much chance of blowing the engine in a car that has not been remapped. You normally find these people don't look after there cars properly (Servicing properly), redline in every gear and bounce it off the rev limiter all the time.

The prices are from £175 depending ojn what car you have.

I'll PM you a price for yours as cars vary in price, You don't charge the same for a 1.9tdi non-pd as you would for an RS6 as costs for me vary from car to car. It just makes things easier.

Cheers Mark

Thanks for the heads-up fellas. Having read the extended thread about the remapping there seems to be some debate about the safety of reprogramming the ECU.

Reading between the lines (and bearing in mind I'm something of a ludite when it comes to this kind of jiggery pokery), those people complaining of blowing their engines up are likely to be driving manual transmissions and red lining them - I'm guessing that an auto will change up before the revs get dangerously high for an extended period, even if you're using tiptronic.

Mark, can't email you direct as I'm a noob without enough posts yet, so what sort of money we talking - is the £175 figure on your info thread still accurate?

Cheers