PDA

View Full Version : 19" + Air Suspension or 20" Titanium without on Glaciar White S-Line

Sheroo
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Budget is limited so which one? Need comfortable ride, concerned 20" Titanium will not look great with Glaciar White? Only used Car Builder to view. Anyone got something similar where they can put up some pics please?

MFGF
01-04-2012, 05:08 PM
In my personal opinion, the titanium wheels look great with light finishes - white or silver, but lose a little of the wow factor on cars with darker paint finishes. I did ponder the same dilemma when ordering mine, but went with the titanium wheels and silver paint in the end. Not long to wait now... :)

MF.

Snet form my fumblefingers
iPhon 5 usig Tapatalk

gbjk
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Crawley Audi have a glacier white with 20" rotor arm wheels. If I go past it, I'll get a picture.

I imagine the 20" to give a worse ride, so basically 19" + air suspension = better ride both due to wheels *and* suspension.
However for me, nearly everything came above air suspension on my wish list, except night vision and b&o speakers.

I have an s-line with 19" without air suspension, and maybe I'd rethink that next time, but I'm not sure what I could have gotten rid
of... definitely not LED lights! Or the HUD... meh - okay, now I remember why I ended up without it!

Gareth

robbyg
01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
sheroo
myself and others have reviewed air suspension here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?120438-A6-SE-vs-S-Line-or-air-suspension

I suggest you find somewhere with a demo or used a6 with the air suspension and try another with the 20" wheels the same day to make a comparison.

I personally chose the air susp as i think its the best of bth worlds. It is pricey though and probably not worth much on resale.

Sheroo
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you so much for prompt and informative responses, I am hoping to sign paperwork in the next few days so am researching as much as possible. Might have to convince missues to let me go with 20" + air suspension, now that would be ideal!

Timothy Nathan
01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If you want a decent ride, I'd go for the smallest possible wheels. The difference between the loaner with 19" and my own with 17" was massive, like a different car.