PDA

View Full Version : Front parking sensors

gbjk
31-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Guys,

It seems that the front parking sensors are only active with the parking sensor button pressed, and this button turns itself off when you turn the car off, or speed up.

This means that effectively, whenever I'm going slowly forward, I have to remember to turn the sensors on.

Has anyone got a work around for that to enable them automatically when the car is going slowly, or something?

Otherwise, I wonder if I can assign it to the (i) button...
Thanks

Gareth

Timothy Nathan
31-03-2012, 03:36 PM
I wonder if you really would want what you wish for? It would mean a picture of the exhaust pipe of the guy in front whenever you were in traffic, wouldn't it?

gbjk
31-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Timothy,

Well, since I don't have front cameras, no.
I'd hope I wasn't that close to the car in front, either.

And also: somehow the lexus got this just right. Maybe the front sensors were less sensitive to allow for it?

Timothy Nathan
31-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh, sorry, I misread sensors for cameras.

I do find all the different levels of parking aid confusing, from the sensors, to one camera, to two cameras, to space size recognition, to full blown parking.

What I'd like to know is how to turn the front camera on without having to go into reverse. - The answer, now discovered, is to switch the Sensor button on. That way you can also see round corners before pulling out. Very nice.

ninjabob
02-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree with your sentiments - the front sensors should come on in slow moving traffic - something else that should be there but isn't.