PDA

View Full Version : Sharing contacts between phones

gbjk
31-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Guys,

I've seen someone mention this on a thread, but can't find it again.

I have my contacts available through a standard bluetooth handsfree profile,
but when I switch to rsap pairing instead, it "loses" them. The phone's show as "gbjk-iPhone" and "gbjk iPhone", so it could be that it sees the two as different phones, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

I thought I solved this by "downloading" the phone book, because they were then available to the rsap version of the phone. However later, when restarting the car, I found they'd gone again.

What do I need to do in order to make them "public" or something, so that I can download them from my handsfree profile, and then allow them to be shared with the rsap profile.

(Note: I never expected contacts to be available from the rsap server, because the contacts are on the phone, not the sim card, as I understand it).

Thanks, and sorry if it's a duplicate question from deep in another thread (or worse ... high in a thread!)

Gareth

Timothy Nathan
31-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I copied mine to an SDHC card, the same card as I use for music. You can then copy them to any phone, and they stick, but, although you can have any number on the card, you can only copy 100 back.

I have found the best pragmatic solution is to leave all 450 odd on the SD card and only to copy them as I use them, thus ensuring that the top 100 are on the phone.

This problem goes away if you have a "proper" rSAP phone, as it does read the phone book.

Remember that the phone also has a "recently dialled" memory and I find that that has my office, mother, wife and sons, and that accounts for 95% of my calls.