PDA

View Full Version : Update On Door Handle Touch Sensor (G418) 007 - Short to Ground

66Cobra
30-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Just an update after Q7 went into Audi today for diagnostics, I asked the dealership when I dropped the car off do they think Audi would contribute to any of the repair cost as the vehicle was only 7 days out of warranty there reply was they could not comment until they found the fault and had spoke to Audi which I thought was a fair comment. Well the outcome was at 12:55 dealership called me and they came back with the same fault diagnostic as I expected, Vehicle needs a new control module which controls both front and rear offside doors. This means a new complete drivers door handle which will need to bepainted ( hope colour matches) and will take two days. The cost well they said Audi would not offer any contribution because vehicle is out of warranty which I thought was not very hopeful but as a gesture of goodwill the dealership will sort the fault out ..............:o

Well vehicle goes in next week for two day hopefully will all be sorted.

Could be a result not just about the cost but principle toas this is my second Q7, But I know what to do with my next New Audi is to have it scanned for faults while it's still under warranty just to be sure faults don't always show up..........?????????

================================================== =============================================

Well Q7 been into audi 04/04/12 and collected 05/04/12 they have replaced both driverside door handles and repainted them. Both door sensors work like a dream now but as for the door handle paint job not good it will have to go back in to have them repainted.

andynpz
08-04-2012, 09:36 PM
So that'll be 3 visits to the dealership, or probably 4, to get the problem resolved satisfactorily.

I hope you live close:beerchug:

66Cobra
08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Yep it looks like another couple of visits. I know they will won't to see it first before they even book it in to do the job. Should have been in and out.

About 26 mile round trip plus the time.
:beerchug: