PDA

View Full Version : Help on Bora collant Problem

0c2pus
31-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi There,

I have Bora se tdi 1.9 2000 model w reg, yesterday when i started the car in the morning i got the stop msg on dashboard and sign was, check coolant, then i noticed that coolant guage was not moving it was at initial point, i switched off the engine and switched it back on and started driving i got the msg again but i kept driving, after a mile the guage started moving and gone up to the mormal level, exactly same thing happened this morning as well, any suggestions please ???

v6dub
31-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Have you checked the coolant level??? if not have a look at that if it is low top it up with coolant and some water.

0c2pus
31-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for replying, if possible could you let me know the name of the coolant, because i hav'nt got the service manual in which i can check which thing to put in or shall i go to the dealer ???

v6dub
01-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah what you need is G12, you can get it from vw, if you are unsure about doing it yourself, i should think the dealership would do if for you, if you are happy doing it, just pore in some to the expantion tank until you reach the max level.
Hope this is of help
:beerchug:

0c2pus
01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Thank you very much for your help:Blush: