PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Walnut Trim!!! Any ideas?

Boraboy
31-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get the interior trim of my Bora Sport changed from walnut. Its not great to be honest, but is factory fitted. I spoke to VW and they said to change the gear knob, stereo, cup holder and climacontrol trim, door handles and ashtray cover would be about £300.....!!!!!

I would love it to be black or carbon as the car is black with black interior. However I dont have a spare £300 to do the change, especially as \i have just shelled out £350 for a service and mot!

Any help would be great and thanks for reading.
Mark

Fizzbitt
31-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Ha... another Sport owner who dont like the plastic wood... :D

It grows on you eventually... lol :p

I have tried to find replacements but not been succsessful. Was told that the golf brushed aluminium is a direct swap but dont know where to get a hold of them from without going to the ********.

Graemedench
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Take a quick look over at the eBay guys.

There's people selling various kits etc or some people selling there old trim from upgrades.

G

Eshrules
01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
as above, ebay. the R32 interior kit would fit the bora, the interior is identical to the golf.... the R32 is brushed aluminium and there are kits for around £200 which include everything, down to the foot rest, pedals, interior handles and door pulls, stereo surround etc etc. you can even get the air vents in chrome/brushed aluminium to match. :Blush: