PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done anything?

joedredd
25-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has done any tuning to their engines, and what has improved. It seems the only things done are remapping.

Thanks

Aptuning
26-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Theres a few things you can do, depending on budget. Bigger intercooler, maybe find someone who can hybrid the turbo or see if there is a better turbo option. Take a look at the exhaust also. But whatever way you look at things you will require a remap at some point.
So really the question is, how far do you want to go with things?
A remap alone on this will give around 45-50bhp and 95-100Nm torque. You may even see a slightly better MPG on normal driving. However if you want a REAL power remap then let me introduce you to Dahlback racing remaps.
They are truely the best I've come across. If I can help anymore then give me a shout

joedredd
28-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Those Dahlback maps are something special !! But thats some serious cash right there ;) Do you have a workshop with a 4WD rolling road? as considering popping down.

Aptuning
28-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Sorry no dyno as I am mobile or work from home. There is a dyno facility in bexleyheath though, just off lion road I think.

n1cka8
13-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I run a revised map on my '05 A8 3.0Tdi and the difference is significant I think. Had it installed for around 2 years now and whilst I see no gain in economy, the difference in acceleration, towing power and general torque is worth the money.

gupsterg
13-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I run a revised map on my '05 A8 3.0Tdi...
Hi, :)

I was wondering can you expand further on this "revised map"... as I'm hoping to do remap to mine at some point and your and my engine the same AFAIK

Thanks