PDA

View Full Version : P2P Network

nickynibbles
31-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Just wondering if anyone uses a P2P file sharing network at all? Used to some years ago but wondered if they are still as good??

Sam
31-07-2007, 09:41 AM
If I had to recommend one I'd sway towards utorrent and a very good anti-virus program.

I use utorrent to d/l game patches and my Linux stuff and with the right setup it's brilliant.

onzarob
31-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I use utorrent, I like it because it doesn't install loads of rubbish on the machine, I also recommend you create a standard user and run it from there and not your usual administrator account.

look here www.utorrent.com

Fizzbitt
31-07-2007, 10:28 AM
i use BitComet but of late it decides to crash now and again while left downloading for a while.

Utorrent... hmm.. might have to give that a try.

Eshrules
31-07-2007, 11:00 AM
i use the latest version of bitcomet, along with Nod antivirus and spybot.... i've not had any issues<touches wood> since i started using bitcomet 18 months ago, although it does seem to have slowed down somewhat, even with a massive amount of seeders. saying that though the linux stuff ive downloaded, d/l like lightning:approve:

P2P i think has died a death... there isnt much use for it now

RickT
31-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Just to confirm to ensure we are in line with the forum T&C's....

I take it, all of only download FREE SHAREWARE.... not copyrighted material....

Thanks

RickT

onzarob
31-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Correct, are you an officer for FAST or Business Software Alliance?

Only kidding, Yes I downloaded Mandrake and Knoppix 4.0 using it.:D

Eshrules
31-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Just to confirm to ensure we are in line with the forum T&C's....

Thanks

RickT

<sighs> yesh mischter preshident.... i dont for one second condone the illegal practice of downloading copyright protected material. :approve:

ini
31-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I still use Azureus (slightly older version) mainly because of the 'safepeer' plugin & encryption.

Many people pay a couple of £ a month and use newsbin sites/programs for extra security & full speed when downloading 'shareware/freeware'. :D

Ben
31-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I use limewire. its not a torrent but a p2p. there in no spyware, adware or malware in the prog. so it is really ures friendly. i've never failed to find what i'm looking foe either.;):D

dessimpson
31-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I use Utorrent and PeerGuardian Never seem to need anything nowadays though so don't use it much. :confused: