PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

ninjabob
23-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Following on from my "mirror" thread - here is another puzzle for you all :zx11:

On my old car (Mercedes C220 CDI) I could have one key programmed to open all the doors and my wife's key to open just the driver's door on the first key press. I know there is a setting for this on the Infotainment system - is this key specific? I do not have the "Convenience Key"

nealeb
23-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Interesting question. I get the impression that most of the settings made via the MMI are key-specific where those that have a specific switch (like hill-assist) are not but I haven't tried this one. I have just found this in the manual:

If two people use the same car regularly, it is a good idea for each person to have his or her "own" remote control key. When you switch off the ignition or lock the vehicle, your personal settings for the following convenience features are stored and assigned to the remote control key:
Air conditioner
Central locking system
Windows
Background lighting*
Memory function*
Parking aid*
Adaptive cruise control*
Active lane assist*
Side assist*
Drive select
Night vision assist*
Heating for steering wheel*

so you might be in luck!

sijomi
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Slight hijack but...
How are car settings "associated" with the "current" key when both the driver and passenger have their own "convenience" keys in their pockets? How does the car know which key to associate them with?

sijomi
09-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Sorry, I've just found this issue has
been posted already!

It's great that the key remembers all your settings, but what happens if you both get in the car at the same time?