PDA

View Full Version : Order placed!

robob123
20-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello all,
Migrating from the a4 b7 forum, having just placed order for new a6 s line, Daytona grey, 19" 5 spoke and heated seats. It's a car out of uk stock, though brand new, and with a stonking discount.
I'm very excited, taking delivery in 2 weeks.
Any tips on the car gratefully received.
Rob

Guest 2
20-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the A6 crowd!

I like Daytona Grey, very nice colour and suits the bigger car well.

How much discount did you get off if you dont mind me asking?

What other options does the car have?

MFGF
20-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the A6 crowd!

I like Daytona Grey, very nice colour and suits the bigger car well.

How much discount did you get off if you dont mind me asking?

What other options does the car have?

I think I saw in one of his other posts that it was a 5k discount - pretty good if you ask me!!

Welcome to the A6 Club! :D

MF.

robob123
20-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Wasn't me commenting previously, this is my first post for months. Once it's safely on the drive I will share info on discount. But can confirm it was good. Anyone else haggling, I would suggest contacting someone like orange wheels, then either order through them, or use this price to negotiate locally.

As far as extra's, it's a near standard car. S line, with the larger alloys and heated front seats. The standard spec seems very good to me, and budget constraints meant I had to keep options to a minimum.

I understand it's In a compound in Scunthorpe, so looking forward to getting it before the end of the month.

Fingers crossed the grey works with the car and wheels.

pitch3110
24-03-2012, 01:04 AM
I was with a client today who has taken delivery and in his words they practically gave if away.

Makes me think I might start looking

Pitch

robob123
24-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I actually went in to upgrade the a4 by a few years. Was aiming to replace my 5 yr old with a 6 month - 1 year a4. As it went I could get a better deal and in most instances lower price on a new a6. Was keen to get sat nav, leather etc and a new a6 ended up the most economical route, because of all the finance promo and local audi's need to hit some march sales targets. Looking at 2nd hand a6 c7 listed on line and all are £2k or so more expensive than my new car, so feeling less guilty about new car depreciation! My first ever new car, so chuffed with the whole situation. Someone told they're having to promo the a6 family hard because the new bmw5 series is taking a lot of the sales, so Audi have to get the new reg sales up to boost performance figures. Whatever the reason, bargains are to be had if my experience is typical.

MFGF
25-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I was with a client today who has taken delivery and in his words they practically gave if away.

Makes me think I might start looking

Pitch

Go for it Pitch! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pitch3110
25-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Go for it Pitch! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trust me matey the voices have started in my head.........

Up until Friday, although I had no real intention of changing, we were discussing whether to privately purchase as I have for the last three, or pop the next through the business.

I was really looking at moving over to an XF but the A6 is beginning to appeal. The XF card would be a good one to play.....

In addition to this....call it a message from above.....Audi sent me A6 Sales info which landed on the mat yesterday morning.

Ummmm we will see and you lot just wait and stand by for the barrage of questions and option considerations...

For start thoughts on migrating from a B8 S line multi???

Ta
Pitch

robob123
27-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm counting down the days now. Pick up the new a6 on saturday. Seen the other thread on colour/wheel combo and really hoping my avant in Daytona grey looks good on the 19" 5 arms. I'm not doing the supagard, so planning a good coat of polish while it's new and clean. I've ordered a pot of autoglym hd- good choice??

zis76
27-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I got a more than 6K off from a London dealer for a 2.0TDI multi with heated seats and AMI; I think if I'd dug my heels in I could've got another 500 - 1K off. Like you, would never have considered a new Audi until I realised how much of a steal they are at the moment!

krupatel
27-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi zis76,

That's very interesting to know, as up until now I've been looking without much luck for a nearly new example which includes the comfort pack. Knowing that such a sizeable discount is possible on new changes my options.

If you don't mind me asking was it a saloon you ordered and a cash purchase?

I'd also be keen to know which dealer as I am all set for a test drive in London hopefully then set to working out a deal. Happy to PM if you prefer. Also happy to get lost too!

Cheers.

zis76
27-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Finchley

burningoil
28-03-2012, 06:20 AM
we getting the wifes new a6 avant on saturday hopefully. It is just a standard a6 2.0 tdi se in silver (manual), no extras but they come with everything we need. moving from a 4x4 (we have 3 children) and a caravan (rock an roll lifestyle or what?), we live in south scotland but thinking of getting tow bar at pf jones in manchester, they do a westfalia detach, no cuts to bumper and proper dedictaed wiring, also you cannot see tow bar (it tucks away), just need to take it back to audi garage to get software updated. salesman wanted about £400 for protective coating for exterior and interior, decided not to get it ? took out audi finanace but going to pay it off with 4-5 yr conventional bank loan (taking out finance improved deal by 5k), we had an a4 avant years ago 05 plate and kept it for 5 years, good cars< regards

robob123
01-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Went to collect the car on Saturday and when bringing the car round the front of the showroom, the salesman spotted an airbag warning light! Had to leave it with them to get sorted. Not what you expect from new car purchase, but one of those things I guess. There is now a q5 sat on the drive while I wait. Having driven the a6 and now trying a q5 I'm glad I went for the a6. Much smoother ride, quieter and more modern feeling cockpit. As for my Audi new car purchase experience, we'll see how they respond with a compensatory gesture next week.

MFGF
01-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Oh dear! I hope it is quickly fixed and you are in your new A6 soon!

Good luck!

MF.

Snet form my fumblefingers
iPhon 5 usig Tapatalk

krupatel
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
So was all set for my test drive today. Chased the dealer to check he had the car in as he'd not called me all week to confirm. 2 hours before the demo he calls to say someone had put a deposit down on it and so he could no longer allow me to drive it!

I phoned around two other dealers in West Essex and north London to see if I could arrange a test drive this weekend as they were all busy left messages for a call back. Suprise suprise no calls returned. I know Audi are busy but I find their sales woeful compared to other manufacturers. Anyone else had or having a similar experience?

Timothy Nathan
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Mine offered me a car very similar to the one I wanted for 24 hours without a murmur.

They seem to do very well, judging by the number of Audis in Epsom.

robob123
21-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Well, I now have the car and have done about 250 miles so far this week. Really pleased with it, and got gap insurance and service thrown in for the inconvenience of the wait, while a passenger airbag was replaced. With the finance deal and further discount the total discount on list was over £7500.

Observations so far; fuel economy averaging 37mpg, so not bad for a big car, still running in. I can see that 3l would suit the car better, it's not slow, but it certainly doesn't have reserves of power, but again it is still running in, so this may improve. Trim and spec are really good, for a car ordered at almost base spec. It's a big step up from the a4, and also a lot more refined than the q5 I had on loan while they sorted the airbag issues I had.

I've discovered that via the Bluetooth I can access all the music on my htc desire hd or blackberry. The 19" wheels do result in more road noise than I'd hoped, but not excessive.

Next job is to give it a good wash and get some high definition wax on, before the paint picks up swirls etc. I didn't take the sure guard, so this is my attempt at doing something equivalent.

Given that the car cost less than a second hand a4 of similar spec, seems as refined as any luxury executive car you can buy and is now sat on MY!! drive (still can't believe I've bought a new a6), I really am very pleased. 10/10 Audi.

21-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I've got a similar car on order but with a few more options and had almost 8k off list.