PDA

View Full Version : A5 Engine management failure warning lights

nuddy
20-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I'll keep it as short as possible, 6 weeks ago i brought a 2009 A5 Coupe, TDI Sline Quattro with only 6k on the clock.

3 weeks later driving along and suddenly, rear brake failure warning light came on, then head light warning light came on, the car was undrivable......called Audi assist...they cleared a number of faults, in the cars past life it has been standing and has had a number of new batteries....test drove the car and everything seemed ok..

2 weeks later and the same thing happened, this time the fuel guage zero'd itself and an engine warning light came on... the car was recovered to my local dealer.

Its not all bad news as my loan car is a brand new S4....:Blush:

Having had a number of conversations with the dealership they seemed to think the battery was low and causing the ECU's to not communicate....well since having the car i've covered 2k miles so the battery should be ok

That is were i currently stand and i'm not confident with the feedback i'm getting from Audi

Any advise please...

nuddy
29-05-2012, 12:56 PM
The issue has now been sorted, the main ECU communication module had to be replaced