PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Parking Sensors at Low Speed?

Simo_UK
19-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi

I switched to my A4 from a VW Touareg. On the VW, the front parking sensors would automatically turn on when the car was below a certain speed - for example, as you pulled into a parking space. Preventing that "BUMP - Oh <removed>" moment!

The Audi doesnt seem to do this and you need to turn them on manually in that scenario.

Can this behaviour be changed using the VCDS or something?

Cheers

Simo

rd1
22-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Not sure if you can do this but I would get pretty fed up in traffic when it bleeped every time you moved forward.

drmartin
22-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I have looked in VCDS and don't think you can. As rd1 suggests, creeping in traffic would be a nightmare! once activated, either by reverse or button on the dash, you can alter the speed at which the system turns itself off.. not much use I'm afraid.

Simo_UK
22-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for checking guys.

The VW was quite subtle to be honest - not annoying at all. Iit only beeped things were really close, not everytime you moved. I thought it was be a simlar/identical system being VAG

Thanks anyway

dts439
22-03-2012, 10:28 PM
My friends 5 Series also did this and I thought it very useful. Objects had to be really close and the car nearly stationery to set it off but it would then show the pictograms of what triggered it.

In mine I keep expecting it to come on by itself as per the BMW system and have come close to banging the front waiting for it to pipe up. So it would be great if this could be set up using VCDS.