PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk3 electric window problem

iaindhill
30-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Golf mk3 electric window problem

Hi,

I have a MK3 golf and the front drivers window will not go up or down. When i push either up or down there is a clicking from the regulator/motor unit but no window action I have the card off and seem to be getting electric at the electrical plug that goes into the regulator. Therefore i presume it is either the reg or unit. I have done the pushing button down and the interior light goes dim, so i presume the motor must be taking current. How do i know if its the reg (40 quid) or motor and reg (200 quid) ?

If i do have to take the reg out, the window is stuck in the up position so i cannot access the bolt holding the window in its channel. Is this a problem or can i just go about diuismantelling it?

MAny thanks in anticipation

IAin

abermaster
30-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi there, with the Mk 3 one of the biggest problems was the earth lead to the motor breaking in the rubber gaiter between door and A pillar/pull back the gaiter and check all the wires for breakages Best wishes

a8 tech
30-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Abermaster you are correct but if the interior light dims when the window switch is applied the current is being drawn and it could be said that the motor is consuming,this sounds like the reg is stuck or the motor is siezed,by removing the glass from the reg you will be able to remove the the bolts on the reg you will be able to remove the reg(bit of shouting and banging and levering)to inspect both the reg and motor.Also connect a voltmeter accross the motor with the connecter still in place and measure the voltage drop when appling the switch and also check the resistance value of the earth with the connecter disconnected.

rick vandal
20-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I elongated the access holes upwards with an anglegrinder! There are 2 glass clamp screws and you have got to be careful at the front so as not to cut the lift cable.

MR_TOAD
21-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I had the same fault with a customers car
Check loom from car to door as stated wires break

mine were fine but window had stopped
Unplugged loom from window regulator big block
left 2 mins refitted and all works fine
( it was clicking before ) but not working

Ian