PDA

View Full Version : AEB to BAM swap?

norcostreet
19-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a 2000 A4 B5 1.8t thats got 127,000 on the clock. I know that tuning an engine with that mileage can be disasterous so ive been looking at replacing it.

I have access to a BAM 225 engine from a 2003 A3 with 52,000 on the clock and was wondering if there is a chance that the swap may take place without too many hiccups.

Whats worrying me is engine mounts, gearbox compatability, wiring/ecu, possibility?

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, id appreciate it.

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section.

kninio
27-12-2013, 08:48 PM
is your car manual or tiptronic, in the usa some audi a4 2000 and 2001 came with engine awm which ia identical block as the bam and water pump inside the block too , so its possible just u will need the right steering pump and alternator ac bracket

zollaf
27-12-2013, 09:07 PM
an engine with 127k, as long as its been serviced regularly , will be just about run in and ripe for tuning. all i would do is drop the sump and give it a good clean out.

i am going to murder the next person that drags up an old thread, read the freeking date before posting.
welcome to the forum kinio, but do you think he is still pondering on what to do, nearly 2 years later.

kninio
27-12-2013, 09:15 PM
thanks for welcome :) , are u a memberof s2forum? , maybe he still strugle wth it sine two years.

an engine with 127k, as long as its been serviced regularly , will be just about run in and ripe for tuning. all i would do is drop the sump and give it a good clean out.

i am going to murder the next person that drags up an old thread, read the freeking date before posting.
welcome to the forum kinio, but do you think he is still pondering on what to do, nearly 2 years later.

zollaf
27-12-2013, 09:27 PM
lol, could well be trying to squeeze it in, or given up and scrapped it. no, i only frequent this forum, one is enough for me, and a landrover forum, my other passion. forgive me for being a bit strong but we get people join and manage to find threads from years ago and it can all get a bit tiresome.

:banana::wiggle:

kninio
27-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Dont worry , i understand you , u have donne nothing wrong , i thought you have s2 from your avatar , but my mistake that i didnt read your signature :)

calum
02-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Sorry Zollaf I've dragged up some old threads today, can you murder me in my sleep please, it won't be so inconvenient that way.