PDA

View Full Version : Question Xenon Headlamp Conversion

rampage1
18-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi Guys

Audi A4 1.9 tdi sport 2004.

Having a few electrical issues and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same/similar problems?

A friend was breaking his a4 1.8t sline 2004, and was selling the xenon headlamps which I had to have!

I had them coded and fitted to my car. Unfortunately they do not work. They worked fine on the car I took them off! It appears that the side lights, indicators and beams work but the actual xenon is not working.

I disconnected the connector and checked the power coming through each pin with the lights turned on and off. Everything except the xenon is fuctioning as it should. Im getting constant power on both sides with the ignition on and the light turned off? I dont have auto light. Could this be causing the xenons not to work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Crasher
18-03-2012, 07:28 PM
It may be that your central electrics unit is not correct. I had a chap with this a few weeks ago and we could not get them functioning correctly.

rampage1
19-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks mate i'll get that looked at. Is it a case of replacing for a new and then plug and play or will the new unit require coding?

Crasher
19-03-2012, 02:15 PM
It should plug in and will then need coding.