PDA

View Full Version : help glowplug light flashing

tewy
17-03-2012, 10:12 PM
hi can anyone help i have a vw crafter 07 with the fault code p099 can any body tell me whats at fault

bearthebruce
18-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Sure you copied the code correctly? P codes are usually a p followed by 4 digits. What kind of problem are you having with the car? P099x are all tranny codes.

tewy
18-03-2012, 07:53 AM
hi bruce thanks for your reply the problem started with the glow plug light flashing and then the engine light flashes with it now it still drives ok but the lights flashing are doing my head in a mate of mine plugged it in to his lap top and he told me it was p099 intake air temp sencor range/performance .the only difference i have noticed if anything is it may be a bit slower at pulling of a bit flat till you get to about 1800 rpm

bearthebruce
19-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Try getting a complete scan. See if you can find someone with the latest version of VCDS. It has support for the Crafter and should give you a better idea as to what is happening and why. I've found this in a list for you: P0099 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Intermittent/Erratic

I recommend getting a full scan - with factory level tool - not a generic OBDII tool. It may give more clues as to what is wrong.