PDA

View Full Version : VAG Recalls Octavia

Octy0GG
15-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi

Anyone out there know where I can access details of VAG recalls.

Particularly interested in anything relating to clutch / dual mass flywheel on 2009 Octavia 1.9 Tdi

A post on the Golf Plus forum makes reference to a Technical Recall covering the 2009 1.9 Tdi Golf+.

I am wondering if this might cover the Octavia as well, given it uses the same engine.

Hasn't the DMF been an amazing invention - To take what was once one of the most reliable and trouble free parts of any car and turn it in to an unreliable source of worry and expense, then to deny the existance of a problem or try to blame it all on driving style. - Trully remarkable

Guest 2
15-03-2012, 10:54 PM
My 2009 A3 1.9 TDI (BLS) had a recall carried out just before I got it, not sure what it was though, sorry.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/index.jsp

Octy0GG
15-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks for that info A6_Chris

No sign of this one in VOSA but I am assuming VOSA only list critical legaly required recalls whereas what VW refer to as 'Technical Recalls' may not be listed.

I am not however totally clear regarding classifications and legalaties of different types or levels of recall or indeed whether the term 'Technical Recall' has any specific meaning.

Crasher
15-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Hasn't the DMF been an amazing invention - To take what was once one of the most reliable and trouble free parts of any car and turn it in to an unreliable source of worry and expense, then to deny the existance of a problem or try to blame it all on driving style. - Trully remarkable

Can you imagine selling say single malt and then being FORCED by the management to fit a device in the neck of the bottle which removed any components that may cause offence but also removed much of the pleasure however the device became overloaded if you did not consume the product fast enough, now think "all diesel engined car manufacturers" for the malt and "the DPF" for the device with the EU and US governments as the management and you have a good idea of the problem. DPF's don't work and car manufacturers did not want to fit them but they keep civil servants in work.