PDA

View Full Version : B8 Forum = Nice Place

pitch3110
15-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Chaps,

Obviously you can see from my sig that I have been hanging around here for sometime and have seen old folk drop away as cars change and ya new ones pop up.

I think generally it is a pretty well mannered message board compared to some and the knowledge pool is drawn on often and virtual friendships made.

What is he banging on about I hear..........Well during a how clean can you get your car thread, Jakerade popped up and after a bit of banter it turns out that we live pretty close.

Happy to help I offered him my Meguiars G220 Dual Action Polisher to buff his paint up which he duely collected.

The top bloke that he is popped it back last night after having it the best part 18 months (...not really) and checking the box this morning a bottle of Piper Heidsieck popped up.

That speaks volume for what a good bunch of chaps we are.

Cheers Jake

Pitch

PS Chaps... over the next week the lava will have G220 pass of, Cleaner, Scratchx on the bad bits, Polish and wax.....stand by for the pic's.

jakerade
15-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Cheers Paul

Look forward to seeing your dazzling paintwork on the A12 shortly

Its nice to use a friendly forum where people are not responding telling you to use the search functionality all the time!

Jake

SunnyBard
15-03-2012, 09:50 PM
That speaks volume for what a good bunch of chaps we are.

PS Chaps... over the next week the lava will have G220 pass of, Cleaner, Scratchx on the bad bits, Polish and wax.....stand by for the pic's.

Yeah, sometimes it goes a bit quiet here, but seems to be picking up a bit recently.

Mine got its first post-winter wash last weekend, I thought I'd find lots of filthy bits I'd missed over the course of the week, but I haven't noticed much, so time for a good wash and wax next time, ready to really gleam ...

Hammy969
15-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Pitch

I totally agree with your comments regarding the forum. I joined around the same time as yourself and was a forum virgin at that time. Alright I am still not the most active person on here but I do follow what is happening And chip in now and again.
I do laugh at the repeat threads.....
What is your mpg?
What mileage do you get from what tyres!
What should I buy a 170 or 143?

Long may it continue.

Ham

Sportwag
16-03-2012, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=pitch3110;

PS Chaps... over the next week the lava will have G220 pass of, Cleaner, Scratchx on the bad bits, Polish and wax.....stand by for the pic's.[/QUOTE]

Hi Pitch,

I look forward to seeing the pictures. 2.5 years on and still the best colour on an A4!

S

porty
16-03-2012, 07:26 AM
I agree with all the comments made. I joined in 2009 and although I don't post a lot, I do log-in very regularly. As well as the nice people and helpful comments etc, what makes this forum good is that there are different sections for the different models: B7, B8 etc which means you can go straight to the posts about your own model. I used to be on a good BMW forum, but there was only one section for the 3-series and so you often had to trawl through lots of irrelevant posts to find something that might be relevant to your own model. Keep up the good work everyone!

pitch3110
17-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Great comments chaps and Ta.

Indeed Hammy how the years role by and like you I am not the most active these days, but always keen to help out with what little I know..

Sportwag............nearly three years on from settling with Lava, there is nothing IMO that draws me.....lovin it still and looking forward to getting the real sparkle back in he sun..

Ta
Pitch