PDA

View Full Version : Altea Freetrack - Bodywork warranty issue - please help!!

mickymac77
14-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Good afternoon,

I have a Altea Freetrack which is just out of warranty (Jan12).

Approximately one month later, i have noticed that the door skins on both the drivers and passengers doors have debonded, i.e, there are cracks along the bodywork where the skin returns around to meet the main structure of the door adjacent to the hinges.

I have raised this issue with the dealer who advised me to speak to the vag approved bodyshop, they bounced the problem back to seat for approval for replacement of both doors and a respray down both sides to match the paint back in again.

I purchased this car in June 11 and have had it back for several warranty repairs (all of which were sorted without any problems). On one of these visits in Nov 11, I asked for the doors to be adjusted as they seemed to have dropped, the tech duly sorted this out.

The bodyshop manager identified the problem as a structural debonding of the body panel and said it was probably part of the "door dropping issue", adjusted under warranty in November 2011.

At this time, the dealer has came back to say that Seat have refused a "paintwork repair" and they are awaiting further response from Seat customer services, BUT that the car is now out of the 3 year warranty.

All in all, I am a bit annoyed to say the least that having spent nearly £11k on a car, I am left with this issue some 8 months later.

Has anyone had a similar issue regarding the bodywork or any other warranty problem which they can advise me on??

Many thanks for you help in advance, I am a bit lost of where to turn to next!!