PDA

View Full Version : AŁ 1.8T- maximising the potential

paulwhomer
30-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi
This is my first post, and I have what I would presume is a very common question.
What is the best way to start getting more power/tourque/BHP etc from the 1.8T?
I have a 1997 A3, and after enjoying it as standard for a few years, I feel it's now time to tinker. I have been told a chip is the best thing, but prior to that a DV? and a induction kit, then exhaust system.

Any help would be lovely

:confused: :D

paulwhomer
05-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi
This is now my second post, and I have what I would presume is a very common question.
What is the best way to start getting more power/tourque/BHP etc from the 1.8T?
I have a 1997 A3, and after enjoying it as standard for a few years, I feel it's now time to tinker. I have been told a chip is the best thing, but prior to that a DV? and a induction kit, then exhaust system.

Any advice would be useful

:1zhelp:

devonutopia
05-06-2006, 09:38 PM
1.8 T 150bhp engine?

OK

Front Mounted Intercooler
Full Exhaust System, sports cat.
Bailey dump valve
Performance air filter / Cold air intake system
Then a custom remap

If you want to go silly you can get a hybrid GT30 turbo and full engine rebuild to make use of it. Around 400bhp sound good? The bit above should be good for 230hp though,

paulwhomer
10-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Thank you so very much.
I have now ordered a Carbonio induction kit and a Bailey Dump Valve.

Next month it's a APR chip......

:biglaugh:

paulwhomer
23-06-2006, 01:16 PM
After speaking to a few experts, I have now fitted a Forge motorsport dump vlave, and the carbonio induction kit.

The engine just sounds better, and maybe it's a placebo, but it feels a bit more powerful too.

Next up ladies & gentlemen is a chip/remap, sillicon hoses and a cat back exhaust.

So, who are the best for chips/remaps? APR, Jabbasport, superchips etc??

Cheers people

:biglaugh:

golfyjammer
19-07-2006, 06:55 PM
try custom-code. they do a good re-map.
you can find them at www.vag20v.net.