PDA

View Full Version : Please Help V5 warm start problem

tibullus
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Hello!

I'm having problems with starting my car when the engine is hot.
Cold engine starts normally. But when the engine is hot and when I turn the engine off and return after few hours- it wouldn't start or it's very hard to start. Starter keeps turning but the engine revolutions are very low and the engine wont start. When I give it some gas it starts and the engine runs normally. I have already changed the coolant temperature sensor and one of the coils- no change. Ajaa the coolant seems to be wanishing too, but it happens very very slowly. (There are no signs of leakage anywhere.)

I have cleaned the throttle body and now the engine starts but it's starts still poorly. In the beginning rpm's go up and then instantly down- it feels like the engine will shut down but then after few seconds rpm's will go up again and the engine runs normal.
The spark plugs are white and lambda sensor is a little bit sluggish.

The car is 2001 year VW Passat 2.3 V5 125kw (azx).
No one in Estonia knows what's the problem and I am already a little bit desperate.

Greetings
Katri
tibullus (http://www.festivalplanet.com/golfv5/phpbb3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1848) New Driver Posts: 1Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

mikeybutch
11-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Could be fuel starvation.Has the filter been changed?