PDA

View Full Version : Mark re-mapped my 2001 2.5 TDi Quattro......

Fishr
29-07-2007, 09:31 PM
I have just had my 2001 2.5 TDI Quattro A6 180bhp re-mapped by Mark from chip‘n spin after contacting him on the forum.

I have only driven the car for around 40 miles, mostly on b roads, but the first thing I noticed is that the car now pulls from well below 1500rpm so you can keep the car in a much higher gear without the normal lag. The other thing that I noticed was the change from first to second gear, this used to be far from smooth however gently I changed, but now because the power kicks in so much earlier in the rev range it is a lot easier to drive.

When on the open road in 6th gear, the surge of acceleration from anything above 45mph is a marked improvement (excuse the pun!) Overall, I am very happy so far with the re-map, I am going to be driving about 500 miles this week, I will post an update at the end of the week, I am interested to see if the mpg is also improved and the re-map can apparently take up to 200 miles before the full potential is realised:D.

:beerchug: to Mark for coming over on a Sunday!

stewbhoy
29-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I have just had my 2001 2.5 TDI Quattro A6 180bhp re-mapped by Mark from chip‘n spin after contacting him on the forum.

I have only driven the car for around 40 miles, mostly on b roads, but the first thing I noticed is that the car now pulls from well below 1500rpm so you can keep the car in a much higher gear without the normal lag. The other thing that I noticed was the change from first to second gear, this used to be far from smooth however gently I changed, but now because the power kicks in so much earlier in the rev range it is a lot easier to drive.

When on the open road in 6th gear, the surge of acceleration from anything above 45mph is a marked improvement (excuse the pun!) Overall, I am very happy so far with the re-map, I am going to be driving about 500 miles this week, I will post an update at the end of the week, I am interested to see if the mpg is also improved and the re-map can apparently take up to 200 miles before the full potential is realised:D.

:beerchug: to Mark for coming over on a Sunday!
Hi Fishr, sorry to appear naive but could you explain what you mean by "re-mapped". i'm experiencing similar symtoms.

thanks in advance

stewbhoy

Fishr
29-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Stewbhoy,

A re-map is what is also refered to as being "Chipped" although there was no actuall changing of microchips involved in re-mapping my car.

Basically, the program that runs on the ECU that runs your engine, (tells it how much fuel to pump in, how much boost to allow the turbo to give etc.) is uploaded, modified and re-loaded via a computer to your cars internal ECU via a link cable. The modified program allows the turbo to give higher boost and basically changes the charateristics of how your engine delivers its power.

Hope that is clear, I'm not very good at explainging things at this time of night!

stewbhoy
29-07-2007, 11:38 PM
gotcha:Blush: thanks for that