PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing my favourite destinations

Timothy Nathan
05-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I have the MMI Navigation Plus and I keep losing my favourite destinations and home address.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start the diagnosis?

MFGF
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Are you by any chance making some journeys with your phone paired and some not? The favourites (including home) are tied to the profile which ties into your phone. I have to wait for the bluetooth pairing and download to complete on my car before I can see them displayed.

Cheers!

MF.

BigAid
05-03-2012, 07:08 PM
As above - they're tied to the phone paired - I've a work mobile and a personal mobile and had a *** moment when I appeared to have lost them all

I currently have them all on the personal phone pairing - choose a destination then change the Bluetooth pairing to the work phone as a work a round

Or just use last destinations as it has a fairly large memory......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timothy Nathan
05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
There also seems to be a very small capacity for favourites (maybe 10, I haven't counted)? Shurely Shome Mishtake?

nealeb
05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
So that explains why my car sometimes knows where "home" is and sometimes not - depending on whether it's a work trip or not, it's either my wife's or my phone that is paired. Certainly the first thing that seems to happen when the car is started and it finds a phone is that a little symbol comes up on the MMI screen that seems to indicate something moving from phone to car - the specific directory list?

Because I was not keeping this C7 for long (new one is collected tomorrow) I never bothered to chase the "favourites" thing, but I get the impression that you can either put a destination in "Favourites" or it is just another directory entry (and hence tied to the appropriate phone?). My C6 let me have a list of destinations that was permanently stored in the car's memory and there was a separate phone list that came from whichever phone was paired. Do I see that there is now only one list that combines phone contacts and destinations?

MFGF
05-03-2012, 11:32 PM
My C6 has the phone book entries and nav destinations combined into a single profile. I must remember to delete it before the car goes!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Timothy Nathan
05-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I tried to copy an address from my iPhone to my favourites and it failed (though it said it was doing it.)

KAM
28-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, and then reversing it as well.
How do you go about deleting a 'Favourite'?

I made the mistake of storing a few destinations as favourites when I was anticipating using them regularly and didn't realise the limit on how many I could have. (My previous standalone Garmin could store hundreds, thousands, millions, well, plenty anyway, of named searchable addresses. The 10 favourites in the A6 seems like someone dropped a decimal point in the design spec sheet.)
Now that I realise I have to be much more ruthless about who and where is a 'Favourite' I'd like to delete some and replace them.
But I'm damned if I can find it in the MMI handbook anywhere.
Or am I trying to use an Audi MMI the way I used a Garmin satnav and that's why it seems so wrong?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Timothy Nathan
28-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I have given up on favourites. If they are so favourite as to be in your top ten then you will almost certainly have been there recently enough for them to be in your "Last destinations" (does anyone else care about how Germanic and poorly translated that is? They'll have us pairing with our Handies and changing our oil every "half a year" soon!).

And anyway, the iPhone fiasco means that there are four different ways I get connectivity in the car, so I would have to maintain four different sets of favourites. "Last Destinations" persists.

It does seem upsetting that a £47k car can't do the simplest things that a £150 TomTom can do. Sigh.

Having said that, it is so easy to put in a destination, either by voice, finger pad or directly onto the map that it doesn't bother me much.

KAM
28-06-2012, 08:00 PM
it is so easy to put in a destination, either by voice, finger pad or directly onto the mapI don't tend to carry friends' and acquaintances' postcodes or Lat&Long around with me. So, having stored "Fred & Monica's" once that was all I ever needed to look for in my Garmin. Works equally well, up to 10, with Audi. But now that Fred's left Monica and gone to live with Deirdre how do I trash the old entry? (Example only, I hasten to add. All Fred's, Monica's and Deirdre's are fictitious and any resemblance etc etc ...)

KAM
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, I think I've found it - how to delete favourites.

Where would you look for controlling the entries in the SatNav?
Under "Nav"?
No, no, no, no.
Under "Tel"?
Yup.

It's a generational thing I guess.
My telephone allows me to talk to people at a distance (from the Greek "telos", distance, and "phonos", sound). My 'phone doesn't take pictures (from the Latin "camera", a chamber) or play videos (from the Latin "video", I see) or run apps (from 99p). So why would I expect it to control where I can go to in my car (from wherever I happen to be at the time)?

Anyway after some tinkering I found TEL > DIRECTORY etc allowed me to delete NAV favourites.

I'll have to start looking in MEDIA > etc to see if I can change tyre pressures or similar.

s555
06-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, I think I've found it - how to delete favourites.

Where would you look for controlling the entries in the SatNav?
Under "Nav"?
No, no, no, no.
Under "Tel"?
Yup.

It's a generational thing I guess.
My telephone allows me to talk to people at a distance (from the Greek "telos", distance, and "phonos", sound). My 'phone doesn't take pictures (from the Latin "camera", a chamber) or play videos (from the Latin "video", I see) or run apps (from 99p). So why would I expect it to control where I can go to in my car (from wherever I happen to be at the time)?

Anyway after some tinkering I found TEL > DIRECTORY etc allowed me to delete NAV favourites.

I'll have to start looking in MEDIA > etc to see if I can change tyre pressures or similar.

Lol. If you want to connect to your mp3 player via BT, it's in tel, not media. Someone the other day called mmi a bag of spanners. It really is. Such a shame. I love most of it! A wifi router in your car - fantastic. A jukebox, two SD slots and tight iPod integration - fantastic. Google map overlays - brilliant. The implementation - a bag of spanners.