PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Polo Front Brake Pads

DOILY
05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
How do I identify what replacements I need for my 2005 1.4 9N3 TDI (VIN :WVWZZZ9NZ6Y107652) ? Retailers and websites give a choice of 5 different types for a 2005 Polo and I don't want to pay main dealer prices. None of the PR numbers in the car's service schedule tally with the PRs given in the retailer's reference books. Thanks very much for your help.

towcestervag
06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
im very suprised?
has it got wear indicator? that will narrow it down
the pr numbers in service book should give you the type of brakes fitted!

DOILY
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Wear indicator appears to be fitted on the near side wheel only (at least I can only see wires coming from the pads on that side). Thanks

ghostlymoron
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
It would be very unusual indeed to have wear indicators on one side only - suggest you look more closely. Back to your original question, there are often a couple of types fitted depending on the make of calipers and whether the discs are solid or hollow. Best way is to remove them and take them to the accessory shop then make a note of the reference number for future use.

towcestervag
08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
they only have wear indicators on one side front and rear
it was done for long life servicing
i know cost wise why not fit them both sides
we dont design cars do we

TimmyTim
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I found this to be a right pain in the **** when I changed my pads and disks for MTECH drilled and groved. The originals only have 1 wear indicator which is daft as mine wore down on the opposite side 1st (Without me knowing) and made an awful noise when the bare pad hit the discs. I even checked the pads about 2000 miles before and they looked okay!... I called the main dealer and he gave me the parts number...