PDA

View Full Version : through load facility

robbyg
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Has anyone got this option and can comment on it?

I would prefer a 3 way folding rear seat instead of the 60/40. Through load seems to be the closest option.

It looks like its £210 for a flap through from cabin to boot in the centre armrest and a bag the right size to fit it. What size is the hole?

I guess its only useful if you have something small in cross section but longish to carry (but not so long it reaches the gearlever) at the same time as two rear seat passengers.

Is it a waste of £210? I don't carry skis.

Thanks

nealeb
04-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Depends on whether you're talking about a saloon or estate, I guess, but just as a point of reference I can get 8' lengths of things like copper pipe or suchlike in my estate without dropping the seat, just over the back seat. Depending on what it is, sometimes it sits on the dash with passenger restraining it and sometimes droops into the passenger footwell. Useful having a long car sometimes! Not the sort of thing that you would want to do with long journeys and/or back seat passengers but it saves putting the roof bars on for the odd job trip to the DIY store.

BigAid
04-03-2012, 10:09 PM
If you don't carry ski's don't bother - I've a saloon and with dropping the seats you can fit a fair length in diagonally.

You still have 2 folding sections to the rear seat - 1 seat / 2 seats split. The hole is the size of the arm-rest as its behind the armrest in all the ones i've seen.

robbyg
04-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Its an estate i am thinking of.
The more i think about it the less point there seems to be.