PDA

View Full Version : Question mfsw

ducky1979
26-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi, i have got the very ugly phone cradle which i have to have installed to use the bluetooth features, my question is if i can obtain a multi function steering wheel and fit it, will this then be able to be used to operate the bluetooth features? so after install i could remove the cradle and the phone would still work?
and from what i have read i would need the wheel, and a newer connection cable, what else would i have to obtain please? and is it an easy job to perform changing the wheel?
i have the 3 spoke standard wheel at the minute by the way.

NHN
27-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Is your BT the original audi version, if so, you dont have to use the cradle for this.

What year is your car?

ducky1979
27-02-2012, 01:41 AM
It's a Late 54 plate, i don't use the cradle, its just that I have no way of making or answering a call without it being there.
I'm hoping to get a mfsw and then the damn thing can go, that's if that would work,
And yes I believe it's the genuine audi one.

Sent from my Desire running dgb rom with tapatalk

NHN
27-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Is it a 3dr or sportback?

ducky1979
27-02-2012, 11:06 AM
sportback.

NHN
27-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Then its dual stage airbag & supports mfsw, but doesnt mean the steering cu & slip ring do, you looking for someone to do this for you?

ducky1979
27-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I dunno really, is it a difficult job? Can you recommend where to get all the bits from?
Can you list what I will need please.
I missed a mfsw on eBay for just a few quid but I'm sure there will be some more, ive not looked for the control unit or ring. Any help would be appreciated,
DO you know anyone who can fit? And how much it would cost?

jeznewsome
29-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I am also looking to fit an MFSW (for 2005 Sportback) and have learnt a few things in the last week or so. There are a lot of MFSW on Ebay (wheel only no airbag) that people claim will fit a host of audi cars, inc A3. But, assuming that your A3 has an original steering wheel/airbag then be careful as it is my understanding that only A3 or Q5 steering wheels will accept the A3 airbag. Wheels from A4,5,6,Q7 have the same shape of airbag (for 3 spoker) but the recess for the airbag is not same size......the airbag from the A3 will not fit. I found out this through trial and error......well actually error!

I am sure Nigel (NHN) will be along shortly to confirm or deny my amateur findings!

Mike Foster
29-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I am also looking to fit an MFSW (for 2005 Sportback) and have learnt a few things in the last week or so. There are a lot of MFSW on Ebay (wheel only no airbag) that people claim will fit a host of audi cars, inc A3. But, assuming that your A3 has an original steering wheel/airbag then be careful as it is my understanding that only A3 or Q5 steering wheels will accept the A3 airbag. Wheels from A4,5,6,Q7 have the same shape of airbag (for 3 spoker) but the recess for the airbag is not same size......the airbag from the A3 will not fit. I found out this through trial and error......well actually error!

I am sure Nigel (NHN) will be along shortly to confirm or deny my amateur findings!

I'm not Nige but I can confirm that you are correct ! I also found this out the hard way !

I have mfsw available (both types) but neither have the airbag.

jeznewsome
29-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't suppose the A3 one is a DSG?

Mike Foster
29-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't suppose the A3 one is a DSG?

Sorry mate, neither are !

ducky1979
01-03-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm not Nige but I can confirm that you are correct ! I also found this out the hard way !

I have mfsw available (both types) but neither have the airbag.

Are they the 3 spoke ones? How much you wanting?

Mike Foster
01-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Are they the 3 spoke ones? How much you wanting?

Pm me with your email address and I'll send pics and a price to you.

Shouldn't really discuss price in this thread

Cheers