PDA

View Full Version : A4 B6 Right Dipped headlight fault(not the bulb)

Strutt
25-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi, I recently has a dipped headlamp failure appear on the dash, i replaced the bulb but no joy. Got the multimeter and tested but wasnt getting any voltage to the dipped beam? I tested the rear of the light switch and i have 2 cores that get 12v when i switch on dipped beam, left and right i assume. still nothing at the head lamp. This has me puzzled,there are no fuses installed either in slots 21 & 22 for dipped beams. i assume there is a relay somewhere else that may be faulty.Has anyone come accross this before? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

yaman
25-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I thought the fuses were 20 and 21, there's no relay as such, it's switched through the
steering column lever http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec114.shtml

Might be worth checking the headlight loom connections aswell.

Regards
Jim

danclyon
26-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Check that the spades in the connector haven't been pushed through. They tend to get a little easy to push out as I've noted on a couple of occasions - in fact one of my connectors has become somewhat brittle and they slip through easily.

Cheers,
Dan.

Strutt
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the replies lads,

Jim: i looked at the step by step guide which is very good but doesnt seem to be the same setup as mine. It looks more like a B5 pre 2002 model??? Mine is a 2002 B6 with the headlight switch mounted on the dashboard below the air vent.

Dan: I looked at the connections and they are fine, still getting no voltage at the spades.

I looked at the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual and it seems everything is connected to a lighting control module behind the dash somewhere. Still no joy with this fault, any help greatly appreciated. Cheers.

yaman
02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the replies lads,

Jim: i looked at the step by step guide which is very good but doesnt seem to be the same setup as mine. It looks more like a B5 pre 2002 model??? Mine is a 2002 B6 with the headlight switch mounted on the dashboard below the air v

It's your headlight dip switch I was on about :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Regards
Jim

belfast1888
08-09-2013, 01:16 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Did you get it sorted?

Alfonzo
09-09-2013, 09:01 AM
And so do I! Mine's somewhat intermittent, so safely presume it's not the bulb itself.