PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Key convenience settings

Timothy Nathan
21-02-2012, 10:33 AM
It's great that the key remembers all your settings, but what happens if you both get in the car at the same time?

nealeb
21-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Do you think it uses the key that was "used" to open the door? I don't know - my wife hasn't driven this car yet...

Timothy Nathan
21-02-2012, 01:58 PM
How does it know, if you both simultaneously approach the car from opposite sides, each with your own key in your pocket?

nealeb
21-02-2012, 02:01 PM
What happens if one person approaches one side with a key in their pocket while a person without the key tries to open the car from the other side? Does this work? In effect, does it know which key "opened" the door?

My problem with this feature is how can you check that the doors really are locked when you still have the key in your pocket? I think that there is supposed to be a delay before it will let you unlock after locking but the one time I tried this, it seemed to unlock again immediately.

Timothy Nathan
21-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I've just seen this on a VW thread:

It works really well, just if there's two of you with the keys in your pocket and you're about to drive away, make sure the driver gets to the car first and opens the door otherwise you end up with the seat adjusted for the other person. Quite frustrating when my dad and I used to go anywhere together, had to make him wait at the path whilst I opened the door.
That sounds like a right royal pain.

shabazmo
21-02-2012, 08:38 PM
No problem for me as I have folding mirrors, so I know that it has been locked. What is more tricky is establishing whether I have unlocked it after locking. But as mentioned above, it takes a second or two holding the car door handle to unlock it. I think that this is one of the best features of the car.

BigAid
22-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Like shazambo - I've got folding door mirrors so see that - however remember if you get out the drivers door and lock it you get the indicator flash to show its locked and the small red alarm light starts flashing in the inside top of the drivers door

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.470668,-0.128537
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAM
22-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I love the boot-opening leg-swing manoeuvre. I must have looked like a real idiot to my neighbours at first when I was practising this - I couldn't get it to work at all consistently. But a bit of perseverance has seen my hit rate rise to 4 times out of 5 or thereabouts.