PDA

View Full Version : cam chain tensioner (cct). 124k 18t

MONIES_WORTH_83
20-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Hello. New to this forum having been a member of audizine for a bit- time to get with a UK forum. hope u can help.

I get the machine gun noise on cold startup up :zx11:, worn cct or poor oil pressure, both common faults so im going for the cct first as i believe oil pickup pipe has been done already. video here.... http://youtu.be/MjaiV8AjSW8

cant decide on placing order for part due to cost, any thoughts on the following or more?:

-genuine audi cct: £375 all in (from a staff link in audi). May last a long time?

-gsf car parts 023VG0140, : £213 + VAT. May last a few years? 1 yrs warranty inc.

-europaparts 058109088K: £270 delivered from US, apparantly OE part...

-eurocarparts: messed up and quote me for a timing belt tensioner, twice... gave up.

i have all the other gaskets/tools needed already (vc outer gasket , vc inner gasket , half moon gasket, metal cct gasket).

thanks people- damn the CCT isnt cheap!

MONIES_WORTH_83
21-02-2012, 12:22 AM
turns out the homemade effect i can see at the sump gasket (bulgin silicone) is probably OE, even in the factory they dont use a pre cut gasket.... so, maybe the oil pickup HASNT been cleaned.
my focus now turns to dropping the sump (via lowering subframe method). before i do this im going to put seafoam through the vac inlet on the throttle body, and drop the oil with the sump. I am on a budget and will clean the oil pickup strainer and pcv pipes as best i can (Yes the strainer is a tenner but heh, its a tenner).

any thoughts/experiences on camchain tensioner suppliers would be appreciated (OE pre 'k' models fail in 2 years?).

MONIES_WORTH_83
21-02-2012, 11:17 PM
well at least talking to myself helps me shake down my ideas.
im going to borrow a pressure gauge and tap it into the m10 auxillary tap ontop of the filter housing.
if i have good oil pressure im going to renew the cct, £275 from gsf