PDA

View Full Version : Child Car Seats in CC?

LMWPassat
19-02-2012, 11:51 AM
What child seats has anyone got in the CC?

I'll be picking up my CC from the dealer next week and having a nightmare finding which car seats will fit. It's the CC GT with Nappa Leather seats.

I need a group 0+1 (rear facing & forward facing) as my 8 month old has grown out of the infant carrier, but is too small to forward face. The car seat I have currently is Britax First Class Plus, but according to Britax, this will not fit (great since I bought it 3 weeks ago for £100+ :aargh4:). I know VW do have their own but at £400 including isofix bases, it is rather steep!

Thanks!

andyhamer28
19-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Hi

I've got a maxicosi Pebble (0+) in my CC using the familyfix isofix base. The next seat up (the Pearl which is a Group 1 size) also fits on this base so will work in the CC but is just forward facing I'm afraid.

What about the maxicosi Opal? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxi-Cosi-Opal-Group-Total-Black/dp/B004FTQO4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329683508&sr=8-1

That is a Group 0+1 and fits in the CC (according to the fit finder anyway!); £157 on amazon. I know that's still not ideal but better than the £400 VW option.

I presume it's not possible to get an isofix base so that the First Class Plus works with the CC?

Andy

LMWPassat
19-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi Andy

Thanks for reply. No, unfortunately the Britax is only seat belt fitting....looks like it's going to be the grandparents' spare car seat.

I'll check out the Opal, thanks. Might have a look over at Halfords or Mothercare & try one in the car.

I think the odd shape of the back bit of the seats is what is going to cause problems (if that makes sense?). I've emailed a few companies but none could give a definate answer, all I got was "Please bring the car to our shop and one of our experts will try it"

Simonst
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi Andy
I have the MAxicosi Axxis, fits with the seatbelt and works a treat.
Its a big seat especailly when reclined, but there is sufficent space, unlike in a lot of cars.
Simon

Slimbarry
04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi,

Picked up my CC last Thursday! ;-)

We have a maxi cosi priorifix and it's fine with the old leather seats. The leg that sits in the foot well can be adjusted so the child seat isn't actually touching the leather. It's Isofix and can be installed using a three point seat belt if required. Another bonus is the recline function which is easy from the driver's seat, if the child seat is on the near side.

Buy the way my daughter is eight and half months old..

Hope this helps...

MisterB
10-03-2012, 04:16 PM
My kids are a bit older, and have been using booster seats from a French company called RENOLUX (http://www.renolux.fr/en_index.html).
These are made of memory-foam, and are great on longer journeys. We were using a number of the standard hard plastic ones, but they were not good to the shaped seats or the kids comfort.

I got mine from Carrefour in France, as they don't stock the boosters in the UK yet.
They do have a full range (http://www.renolux.fr/en_products.html) for different ages that can be found in the UK.

They are also much softer on the shaped leather seats. :D