PDA

View Full Version : Autohaus Riverside Northampton RANT

Turkster
28-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Iv had my pants pulled down and really shafted and not a lot i can or could do about it,

Took a Automatic passat in for fault finding as the auto box was not working well when ATF was warmed up,

The car goes in, i asked for 1 hour @ £70 PH + Vat,
I get a call later, Er your car showing 28 faults, *** i think,
Your car needs 4 hours to find out whats wrong with it + what ever parts it needs, Kin-Hell i think, Well if thats what its got to take then ok i said,

I get a call the next day on my voice mail, your cars ready for collection and the bills £329

i think, O well, at least its fixed,

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get we cant fix it as we cant pin pint the fault, Here's the bill for 4 hours labour and the keys to your car that's still not fixed and we don't know what's wrong with it, the gear box needs replacing,

So iv gone in knowing the gear box was broken, Come out knowing the same thing and £329 lighter for the privilege,

Have i been stuffed up the bum?

Wont be giving them any more work i tell you,

Eshrules
28-07-2007, 01:56 PM
unfortunatley, this is a situation i've been in many times before, each and every garage has been reported to trading standards and i've written a strongly worded letter of complaint to each, as well as bad mouthing them to whoever mentions them.

now... as far as i am concerned, there is a certain amount of time a garage is allowed to spend fault finding. you could argue that the time spent, to then find no fault, is not justifiable. i certainly would.

basically, what they've done is charged you 4 hours labour, for nothing. they cant tell you whats wrong with it. as far as i am concerned, they have charged you for nothing. who's to say that car hasn't been sat there doing nothing and they've charged you the £329 for nothing?

has the bill been paid?

if it hasnt already been paid, DONT pay it. inform them that you feel they have incorrectly invoiced you and if they wish to recover the funds, you will gladly see them in court.

they wont pursue it, trust me ;)

Turkster
31-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Hi, iv paid them on the day. im still spitting feathers over this one, but i will be larfing about it at a later date, :beerchug: