PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Suspension noise

bw10030
17-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi all - can someone help please?

My Fabia 3 1.9TDI (2008) has started making a grinding / rubbing / graunching noise from the front suspension (one side only), when going over bigger bumps such as speed humps. The local Skoda dealer has looked at it and 'lubricated' a suspension bush at the top of the nearside suspension strut - the noise is less, but still clearly there. The car has done 47000 miles.

Now for me, there's a fault of some sort (it has just started, and does it every time), and although I have purchased an extended warranty through the dealer for the car, they say tis is a 'wear and tear' item. Firstly any ideas what the fault is likely to be, and any opinions on getting it fixed - i.e. is it cheap?

I don't want to change the car, but can't put up with a 'fault' which may well get worse with a resulting significant failure? If it's an expensive fix, I will change the car (cam belt, brakes and tyres all due soon), but I would like to know thoughts from around the forum before I start getting uppity over what the warranty should cover!