PDA

View Full Version : Audi TSB Lists

Bratty
15-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Came across a list of Audi B8 Platform TSB list that is "Well Out of Date and as it is from a non official scource its accuraccy cannot be garanteed" but interesting. Not trying to scare-monger but I do not see why this sort of information cannot be accessed easily so that owners have a direction to go in if they discover a fault?

TSB Lists removed 19.02.2012.

Dunk

jakerade
15-02-2012, 02:32 PM
good work

i would love to know more about these ones if anyone has access to the details?

A4, Q5, A5 - Noise when accelerating out of the front car (2023718 / 2)

Suspension: Execution of wheel alignment (2025415 / 1)

Scratches in vehicle glazing - all Audi (2006837 / 2)

Whistling noise / wind noise in the front door (2019981 / 2)

Bratty
15-02-2012, 09:26 PM
good work

i would love to know more about these ones if anyone has access to the details?

A4, Q5, A5 - Noise when accelerating out of the front car (2023718 / 2)

Suspension: Execution of wheel alignment (2025415 / 1)

Scratches in vehicle glazing - all Audi (2006837 / 2)

Whistling noise / wind noise in the front door (2019981 / 2)

The list is "Out of Date" and not being Privvy to AUDI internal Stuff, I would not be able to comment on what exactly a TSB denotes (Technical Servicing Bulliten??:confused:)
And What does the last prefix mean, (number of reported Problems??:confused:)

Having been a Forum Member for a while i have noticed some of the Symptoms being "asked about" on the Forum by members with probs and every now and again having dealerships being somewhat "Unresponsive", that "list" wether or not accurate can at least allow someone to Tip Up and "IF!" met with a blank look they can mention it was very similar to AUDI TSB etc. At the End of the Day dealerships are dealing with MANY Models and keeping up with Every TSB must be nigh on impossible!

Dunk

jakerade
15-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I reckon its like one of these which Crasher posted for me. Very useful as you can just ring up the dealer and ask whether it applies to the car

At least we haven't got Toyotas where they wont even refer to their own list unless you bring up the fault......

Workshop campaign 23D9 Transaction No.: 2020792/3

Replacing regulating flap, 2.0 ltr. TDI engine Release date: 24-Jun-2009

*Notes

Repair instructions

Technical background*

On Audi vehicles with 2.0 ltr. TDI engine manufactured within a specific period, it is possible that malfunctions can occur on the regulating flap (intake manifold flap motor -V157-). This can result in driveability problems and can cause the fault warning lamp for the engine management to light up.

*Remedy*

The regulating flap (intake manifold flap motor -V157-) must be replaced on the affected vehicles. A hydraulic fluid cooler must be retrofitted additionally on vehicles with criterion 01.

*Customer notification*

Customers do not need to be informed directly of this campaign. Please ensure that all affected vehicles are checked and repaired during a service visit. You should also inform your new and used car sales departments so that the vehicles affected can be checked and, if necessary, repaired immediately (and not just before sale).

*Repair instructions

Notes

Technical background*

On Audi vehicles with 2.0 ltr. TDI engine manufactured within a specific period, it is possible that malfunctions can occur on the regulating flap (intake manifold flap motor -V157-). This can result in driveability problems and can cause the fault warning lamp for the engine management to light up.

*Check*

If the vehicle is not already listed as repaired in the "vehicle-specific notes" (in Service Online or ELSA), check the Service Schedule for the entry '23D9 completed'. If the entry is not listed, carry out the required work in accordance with instructions.
After completing all required work, make the entry "23D9 completed" (including date and workshop stamp) in the first vacant box in the Service Record section of the Service Schedule or in the section for Workshop remarks.