PDA

View Full Version : Water entry when opening the hatch?

kennyh
12-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

Is it only me or do you this problem with your A7?

During/after rainy periods, when I open the tailgate a stream of water flows into the left hand side of the boot; it runs down the left hand channel, over the rubber seal and into the boot space.

Do you/did you have the same problem? Did you get it fixed?

Cheers
Kenny

aurora7
12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I get a couple of droplets, nothing more.

soofsayer
13-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Same here, just a few drops, nothing else. I've had a quick look at my seals in the boot in the area you describe and they are are at least 20mm higher than the channel down the side so can't think how water would get over these and in to the boot....

shabazmo
13-02-2012, 08:23 PM
No problem with my London taxi either

Audi_Mike
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Kenny,

I was wondering whether you ever got to the bottom of your water ingress issue?? My 2012 A7 also has this problem. Whenever I open the tailgate in wet/rainy conditions, water runs out of one of the gaps in the right hand side of the tailgate just below the rear windscreen and soaks anything on the floor of the boot below it. I imagine that this should be draining away during normal driving, but I cannot see anything blocked.

Regards,
Mike

kennyh
28-03-2013, 08:50 AM
No, I never got it resolved; albeit I didn't complain too loudly to Audi.

It's due a service in a few weeks, do I'll probably raise again with them.

bod01
29-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I get the same on my A7, water dropping down into the boot on the right hand side. Generally just a thimble full of rain when the boot is opened. I wondered whether it could be water collected in the spoiler area that runs back up the channel.

kennyh
30-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I think the water must pool somewhere down the channel and then get released when the hatch is opened.

The cars in the garage next week so I'll get them to look at it then.

baylissboy
02-04-2013, 12:02 AM
I had a customer complain about this issue a while ago, when they first came out. I sent a DISS to Audi technical with pictures, they came back saying "it's normal"! Hope that helps!!