PDA

View Full Version : Bluemotion Start STOP

M88STR
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi All,

Just want to get an understanding of when this is supposed to turn itself off, and when it isnt . . . .i get the feeling mine isnt working properly . . .

Ok, with the recent freezing weather, and the car been outside all night in below freezing temps and having to de-ice the screens in the morning etc . . . i drive the car literally round the corner (less then a mile), and the outside temp showing as -2, and the car will turn off when i stop at the traffic light and lift off the clutch

I thought it should only do this when the car is warm?

Whats your experiences?

tr8
12-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Mine works the same, why should the car be warm? you can always turn off the stop start.
The stop start is to save fuel, this will be the same what ever the temp.
I have 3 1/2 month old 2.0tdi estate one now that has done just over 13K miles, As a high mileage driver i find it very rare for the stop start to not engage.
The last time was a big accident on the M25, then after about 10 stops in a short period it became intermitant, this i put down to the drain on the battery, and whn i turned off my DRL it quickly was back to stoping all the time.

bertj
15-02-2012, 08:20 PM
My stop/start didn't work a few times last week when the car was very cold after the first start of the day. Outside air temperatures were -3C. I think this is perfectly normal behaviour. When I remember I usually turn the stop/start of for the first couple of miles in the morning as there's lots of traffic lights and junctions. Probably being paranoid but I don't think that frequent stop/starts are good for a cold engine.

daveyboy467
18-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Correct me if im wrong but cold starts are bad for the quality/life of the oil?