PDA

View Full Version : Injection sprocket vw1.9d polo

Tonyco
11-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi purchased locking tools from xbay and the idiots after explaining exactly my car ,engine,reg has sent me tools that do not fit.the cam ones ok but injector sprocket one dosnt fit.Its to large .It looks as if i need something with a smaller tip and a square body? The sprocket has three screws.is there any other way of holding it, or if I'm careful could I just mark it and make sure it stays in the right place?.Also do I have to loosen all three nuts on it to get belt on?Would be great if you could help! First time doing a belt and dreading turning the key when I'm done!!
CHEERS

phil miller
11-02-2012, 08:22 PM
You could if you are very careful use a spot of paint to mark the sprocket it's not the best way to do it but it will work mate just don't slacken the sprocket bolts as you will lose the timing as the sprocket moves but the pump stays still

Hope this helps mate

Tonyco
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi mate thanks for that does that mean I don't need to touch the three bolts at all and I will still get belt on? THANKS AGAIN!!!

phil miller
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi mate thanks for that does that mean I don't need to touch the three bolts at all and I will still get belt on? THANKS AGAIN!!!

Yeah you will be able to get the belt on without touching the bolts just make sure you keep the belt tight from the crank up to the pump and you will be fine, just remember to turn it over 2 complete turns and check your marks all line up