PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 T -Ghost in the Machine

Big-Vern
27-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello, I hope someone can help me. My 2000 model 2.7 T quattro sport has started occasionally cutting out and it won't then restart for some time, or it won't start when warm if I've stopped at the shops or somesuch.

There doesn't seem to be any commonality to when it does this & I can't afford to pay VAG a fortune to trace the problem. Diagnostics have revealed a mess of fault codes but there's no logic to them. Help!

Big-Vern
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Further investigation has identified that the fault lies with either the air mass sensor, the crank position sensor or the primary temperature sensor. Two hours of pratting about gave the fault codes:

PO118 * PO130 * PO160 * P1296

The fault could be in any area (or apparently a faulty earth) - any experience with this anyone?

Thanks.

Col
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Tricky one.

I'd clear the codes down, run it and re-scan, some of the codes may be historical and no longer current.

Doesn't look like your using vagcom with just simple codes. If can, hook up to vagcom and have a good play in the measuring blocks to try and further determine what is wrong.

Peter D
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Crank position sensor low output when cranking. If you bump start it and all is well then that is the problem. Regards Peter

s6sputnik
05-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Crank position sensor low output when cranking. If you bump start it and all is well then that is the problem. Regards Peter

x2

I would also clean all the contacts on the MAF