PDA

View Full Version : Question Scuttle Tray Fills with Water

AndyQuattro
11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have a guide on how to prevent the scuttle tray (where batteries and servo are located) filling with water? Eventually it drains - but where are the drains located as they must need clearing? - any tips on how this is done?

RuslanA4
11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi. There's two of them, one under the battery, other one under brake vacuum servo. They do need cleaning on car up to certain year of manufacture. But I would think of need cleaning of those on any car. Do a search, plenty of posts about them, try plenum chamber drains

vince70
11-02-2012, 04:54 PM
It must be an Audi thing my old A4 did this and my parents A6 did the same, but its a very easy fix.
There are two rubber hose type thingys which get clogged up with debris in the back of the scuttle tray, just take them out and watch the water pour out.
Some people take them out completely and bin them and some just clean them out and put them back in..
I was to lazy to do the one under the battery tray as it means taking the battery tray out and as my tool set comprises of a 13mm socket and a bent screwdriver I couldn't do it lol