PDA

View Full Version : Big Service.....£ not bad

pitch3110
10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Been in today with 38k on the clock.

Major service, air con, filters, blah blah blah blah.......

All in £348.00.

Happy with that

Ta
Pitch

Desmo
11-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Was that at an Official Audi dealer or an independent? Did it include pollen filter? What about multitronic gear oil change?
Best quote I got for a 2nd longlife service from an Audi dealer (Lister in Worcester) was £296 for the service, but £427 with pollen filter change. And another £156 for the multitronic oil change.
Instead I booked with an independent who uses all genuine parts. His quote is £209 for the service including pollen filter, and £125 for the auto oil change.
I can't bring myself to pay the Lister Audi price...

pitch3110
12-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Yep matey main dealer did the honours and yes pollen filter was included.

I had a new gear ox fitted at 20k so there was no need for the expencesive bid with that.

Ta
Pitch

Pauls898
16-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi Desmo

I have the very same problem, they have quoted me £465 for a 3 year service? and that's not! with a pollen filter change, but includes changing the brake fuid?
I don't suppose you could let me know the name of this independant dealer as i live close to Worcester? and I assume they can also reset the car computer messages after the service is done?
Thanks

skymaster
16-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I always call a few main dealers and try and compare prices and haggle with them... if you catch them during a not very busy time you can get these services a LOT cheaper. They are ken to get the car in, servicing carries a huge profit margin so there is plenty of room for a discount... My mate did this for a full service inc pollen on his A5 and got it £200 less by driving 30 miles to another dealer.

Pauls898
16-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Phoning around for my Audi QSE 3.0L TDI car service! First off Audi Worcester wanted £465.00, I moaned saying i can't afford that on a pension, I got it reduced to £375.00. Then been phoning around local independant dealer, who are yet to get back to me. So I thought I would phone other Audi dealers, trying Hereford Audi thier price was £335.00, then I tried Audi Birmingham, which untill the call answerred it was part of the Listers group same as Worcester? There price was £303.00? So I said how come if your the same group as Worcester, then why is your price £72 cheaper??? There was a slight pause and the lady said yes I can see your booking now lol, I must have included a full inspection? when all I wanted was a oil and break fuid change lol. So now I think I'll stick with the £303.00 priced one now, so was well worth phoning around for best price lol.

skymaster
16-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Phoning around for my Audi QSE 3.0L TDI car service! First off Audi Worcester wanted £465.00, I moaned saying i can't afford that on a pension, I got it reduced to £375.00. Then been phoning around local independant dealer, who are yet to get back to me. So I thought I would phone other Audi dealers, trying Hereford Audi thier price was £335.00, then I tried Audi Birmingham, which untill the call answerred it was part of the Listers group same as Worcester? There price was £303.00? So I said how come if your the same group as Worcester, then why is your price £72 cheaper??? There was a slight pause and the lady said yes I can see your booking now lol, I must have included a full inspection? when all I wanted was a oil and break fuid change lol. So now I think I'll stick with the £303.00 priced one now, so was well worth phoning around for best price lol.

Nice one....

Hammy969
17-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Helpfull info guys. Car has just come up saying it is due a major service in 1000 miles. Pitch did you get break fluid changed in that price?

Ham

Plife
18-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Lucky you! I ended up paying £800 as also needed front discs and pads, rear pads and a brake light cluster as 2 LEDs had gone and would be sensible to be able to just replace the bulbs!

drmartin
18-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Mines booked in to local independent VW service centre (DE11 area) 80k major service with cam belt = £440!! happy days.. Audi Dealer = £870 not much difference! lol..

M

Desmo
22-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Paul,
Mine's booked in for full service and auto oil change on Friday this week 24/2 at Pioneer Service Centre in Cheltenham. I'll let you know how it goes!
It would be very convenient for you - just off Jn 10 on Tewkesbury Road.
www.pioneer-service-centre.co.uk

Pauls898
22-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info, but I have now had my Audi A4 car serviced.
I went to RPM in Malvern, great service, they changed the Oil, Filter using Audi parts, checked my boiling point of the brake fluid, so that's good for another year, and checked anti freeze, that was good down to -30 degrees, reset the car's computer nag message back to 365 days. All this for just £106.80 :approve:
So I recommend any owners take their cars there and not pay these ludicrously expensive prices charged at the Audi dealer who are out just to make money for their posh waiting rooms, TV's, coffee and leather sofas lol