PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem!!!

rampagey
27-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi there , i am new to this forum.
Just purchased a 1995 audi a4 1.8 (150,000miles) and i have noticed a problem with my brakes. Wondered if anyone could give me some advice on the prob.
Basically brakeing is normal up until the car is just about to come to rest, at this point a slipping is felt throught the peddal and brakes and a strange noise is heard before the car comes to rest. After a while the ABS light comes on and warning light flashes, the problem with the braking then goes away. After switching the car off and then back on again the brake problem comes back again but the ABS light etc stays out.
The bloke i purchased it from tells me the front brake hoses were changed recently as part of the MOT.
Just wondered if this could be a common with the ABS and what area of the ABS it could be.
could anyone help me in the right direction with this problem?
thanks pagey.

PK1
21-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi

I have a very similar problem to this after changing both CV Boots on the front. It started straight after this with the ABS and red brake light flashing as soon as I started to drive.
i drove it for a day like this hoping it may stop, but then thought I might have accidentally knocked the ABS sensors.
I tried to push and wiggle them about and the problem stopped.
But then I got the same problem as you mentioned (but no abs or any warning light flashing).
Did you manage to find out what it was?

thanks