PDA

View Full Version : VW Bora emissions light

daan30
27-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi folks,

I have a problem with my bora. The car is an se model 2003. The problem is the emissions light came on flashing and all of a sudden the car became sluggish and I had to keep the revs high in order to get the car moving at all.

Anyone had this experience or have some knowledge of this problem? :confused:

Regards

daan

Eshrules
27-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi folks,

I have a problem with my bora. The car is an se model 2003. The problem is the emissions light came on flashing and all of a sudden the car became sluggish and I had to keep the revs high in order to get the car moving at all.

Anyone had this experience or have some knowledge of this problem? :confused:

Regards

daan

what engine is it mate?

daan30
27-07-2007, 08:45 AM
The car is a vw bora 1.6 se. Sorry forgot that.

daan

Eshrules
27-07-2007, 09:01 AM
The car is a vw bora 1.6 se. Sorry forgot that.

daan

ok, have you had the car scanned for faults?

are there any audible noises NOT usual to the car?

is there any blowing from the exhaust/cat/manifold?

have you tried anything on the car to rectify the fault?

:Blush:

daan30
27-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I have not had it tested. The car doesn't appear to be making any odd noises and I have not tried to sort anything as I wouldn't know how to.

I'll have to take it into vw for a fault finding money making scam. On reading other posts I think it may be the sensor.

Eshrules
27-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I have not had it tested. The car doesn't appear to be making any odd noises and I have not tried to sort anything as I wouldn't know how to.

I'll have to take it into vw for a fault finding money making scam. On reading other posts I think it may be the sensor.

which sensor are you referring to? the lambda/oxygen sensor?

whereabouts are you located mate, if you need your car fault read, bring it to me, give me a bottle of strongbow and consider it done ;)

daan30
27-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Could be any of those 2 sensors I guess. I'm in Scotland, irvine.

Eshrules
27-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Could be any of those 2 sensors I guess. I'm in Scotland, irvine.

no :Blush2: the lambda and oxygen sensor are the same thing, just referred to with different terms. hmm, scotland might be a bit far for you to come mate. i do sell the scanners though if you want to buy one... its an expensive first time purchase, but will pay for itself within 2 uses.

the other alternative to a ******* would be a good indie, some even do it for free if you have the repair done with them :approve:

daan30
27-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Indie?

I'm going to be changing cars in the next few months so there is no point buying one. I wish I had have a couple of years ago thuogh.

Thanks

redmansioner
28-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Have your catalytic converter checked..my friend has similar problems but it includes the Vw turn signal lights at the rear,even he did not operate the turn signal switch.

adamss24
28-07-2007, 11:12 AM
70-80 % chance is that the Oxigen/lambda sensor is out of spec and its tripping the CEL light, or it could be a dirty throtlle body or a snapped/cracked vacuum hose. Have someone scan the car for fault codes and i/we could be able to help further. Did the fuel consumption increased sharply and could you smell unburnt fuel at the exhaust ? Also, what milleage is the car and are the revs jumpy ?