PDA

View Full Version : A3 - Poor starting

pscocoa
07-02-2012, 01:58 AM
2007 A3 2.0 TDI Auto S Line has been off road at Audi dealer for coming up to 5 months.

They have changed heads, EGR valve, sensors, lift pump, cleaned fuel lines, glo plugs but cannot cure the problem. I have noticed a few threads on here regarding poor starting/ shuddering and it appears no-one has got to the bottom of the problem - the threads seem to fininsh inconclusively.

This car fortunately is under warranty and a replacement car is provided but we now have to draw a line under this somehow and Audi need to step up and deal with the issue.

Coupled with the above problem it was off the road in 2010 something like 3 months all told for a gearbox issue and a new DSG was fitted after a battle.

Arguably car is not fit for purpose given 8 months off road in 2 years of ownership.

Dealer has done its best and has not quibbled at trying to find solutions - part of delay is waiting for apporval from Mondiale who underwrite the VAG warranty.

pscocoa
02-03-2012, 08:27 PM
They claim to have fixed it this week after fitting new starter motor on advice of Audi UK. Seems a bit of a basic solution as car has been with them since September. See hoe it goes when collected.

Sloggs
22-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi, just wondering if the hot start issue has gone since the starter motor has been changed?

Thanks!

pscocoa
22-03-2012, 08:31 PM
We do not know as car is still at Audi (since Sept 2011) and a decision is to be made on what we do with it. Still have A6 on loan from them and Audi UK are supposed to be coming up with a proposal tomorrow (coincidentally). Hopefully this is a lifetime warranty extension etc as this car has spent so much time off road not just this year and last but in 2010 when it took 3 months I think to sort out a new gearbox.

NHN
23-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I cant believe its taken them 5 months to even consider the starter motor, thats 1 of the 1st things to check, along with coolant sensors, imf, egr, doubtful but worth a look, glowplugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, new head seems a tad OTT for me.