PDA

View Full Version : B9

Buttons76
06-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi,
Not only am i a newbie to this forum but also a newbie to Audi - dare i say it, i have always been in to BMW's but now fancy a change....

I have 2 simple (hopefully) questions that i had hoped somebody could answer for me....
When was the latest facelift of A4?
I am keen to buy the "latest" version and dont want to find out afterwards!
I intended buying second hand but as new as possible..... well, as new as budget allows! ;)

Which brings me to a second question: can the 136bhp TDi be remapped?
I have read in various places on how the ECU is bolted in to prevent this
I have only read this in relation to the 143bhp models - is this cos it is only a problem with them or because it isnt even available on 136?! :confused:

I look forward to seeing responses, please be kind..... i'm an Audi virgin!

satsu
06-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The latest model (B8) came out in mid-2008. It has just been facelifted with a new front grille, headlamps etc. but I don't think any of those have hit the road yet (I certainly haven't seen one in the flesh) so it will be a while before they start hitting the second-hand market at a sensible price.

I'll have to leave the remapping question to somebody more knowledgeable than me. :-)

Buttons76
06-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks satsu,
So the latest facelift is a 2012 thing..... That's not too bad as I was thinking of '60 or '11 plate.

As for remapping, let's see what's said.
I am very interested in this as it will be a big factor on which model I purchase.

John140
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
As others have said, the current shape has only just been slightly facelifted and I havent even seen one yet so I wouldn't worry about accidentally buying something that will be obscolecent.

I have a TDI 143 myself, but I understood that both engines cannot be remapped in the normal sense, as the ECU is locked-down software wise to prevent this. However you can use a tuning box which works well (if it is a repuable one), a friend of mine has got a very good tuning box on a Seat with the same CR 2.0 TDI engine basically.

I've had plenty of BM's in the past, but I now just think they are rather dull and un-inspiring these days.

Paul.693
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I think that I have seen a facelift A4 but they are still very rare and with a quoted lead time of 26 weeks, they will be for a while. The new appearance is very similar to the new A6 but ******** don't have any either!!!! Great way to promote and sell new cars????