PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have the BOSE system?

ti rich
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The reason I ask is that the brochure says "subwoofer in the spare wheel well" and i can't find mine!!!

I was wondering if this is a mistake or mine has gone :dunno:

BigAid
06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Had a look and I haven't got one either - I got interested and rang Audi and when mine was made (Apr 2011 plate) there was no subwoofer fitted - apparently the subwoofer must have been an option at the time - and brochures do change from time to time - Is yours a new 61 plate?

ti rich
06-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Mine is a 61 plate yes but the old brochure and the current brochure still say sub in boot with Bose. It shouldn't be an option, its part of the Bose system as far as I can see!

BigAid
06-02-2012, 12:14 PM
That's what I thought - we've been robbed! - might have to have a conversation with a dealership rather than the central customer service line........as whilst very nice she was obviously saying what the parts dept had informed her - did ask if the brochure was wrong and informed it wasn't - must have been different when mine was made - ex demo launch car 2nd hand from a dealer 1/2 way up the country so less comeback from me anyway - I've got chrome exhaust pipes which I didn't thick were stock SE issue so expected something's slightly different - but was fairly sure there wasn't an option for Bose and then a 2nd option to add a subwoofer to it as she implied - just standard, bose or b&o - let me know how you get on

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.463584,-0.132478

nealeb
06-02-2012, 04:08 PM
It might have been a demo car "funny". When I ordered my SE, the dealer threw in the sports steering wheel to make sure that I had gear-change paddles fitted. The brochure says that these are standard on the SE but he told me that their launch demo SE models did not have them fitted. Some kind of oddity based on demo cars built against a different market's spec?

BigAid
06-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Just wonder as ti richs 61 plate should definately have one - mine I can understand poss slightly different due to getting the cars out there so people could see one in a dealership - I can live without given what else was put on it as a result - just seems slightly strange

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.470634,-0.128521
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ti rich
07-02-2012, 11:57 PM
No mine wasn't a demo car for sure, it was a brand new car and one of the few "stock" cars with an upgraded audio system. It was still at the docks the other side of the Channel when ordered it.

I think it's just the brochure that's wrong but you would have thought Audi would have changed it by now????

nealeb
08-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Out of interest, have you checked the latest online brochure, or is this the one you are talking about?

ti rich
08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Out of interest, have you checked the latest online brochure, or is this the one you are talking about?

Audi on line configurator still says "14 speakers including centre speaker in the dashboard and subwoofer in the spare wheel well"