PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav identity crisis

Blackmore Spur
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I picked up my new A6 2.0 TDI S Line two weeks ago... My first Audi having previously driven Hondas for years. Absolutely love my car, it's so nice I could live in it! Two weeks of faultless driving with only one Munro quibble: the Sat Nav works perfectly but the voice flips between imperial and metric.... Sometimes the next turn is X miles ahead, next time it's X kilometres ahead. Not major but mildly irritating. Anyone else come across this or have a suggested solution... or should I contact dealer?

Blackmore Spur
04-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Whoops iPhone auto correct error..... Should read "minor quibble"

jumpingmatt
04-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I had a similar experience in mine this week. My 2.0 TDI SE has the standard SD based nav. As you say it's not a show stopper but it is a minor annoyance.

And I also recall the DIS suggesting I take a roundabout anticlockwise - never a good idea for the no claims bonus!

It's in the dealers workshop next week to fix a sticky external door handle. I'm going to mention the sat sav issues and see what they suggest.

Matt

Dickimuss
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I have had the same problem (plus several others which take a bit longer to show up) in my A7 since new back in April last year. There is now a software upgrade available to fix it.

Blackmore Spur
08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for replies, always feels better to know you are not alone. Can I ask, how do I go about getting the software update installed?

ianfarnham
08-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I've not experienced that but (see another thread) the traffic queues on Google earth mapping are displayed on the reverse incorrect carriageway compared to the standard mapping.

Does anyone know the upgrade reference to compare with the version we currently have?

Dickimuss
09-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks for replies, always feels better to know you are not alone. Can I ask, how do I go about getting the software update installed?

Its a warranty job - so you need to get it booked in at a dealer. I understnad it takes about 1 1/2 hours - so goodness knows what they have to do.

Blackmore Spur
10-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Phoned Audi dealer today, they were mystified about problem with nothing they could find on database. Taking it in on Tuesday for diagnostic check..... My first experience at hands of Audi

Dickimuss
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Thats a bit unfortunate. The problem you will find with Audi is that if the computer says there is no problem - there is no problem even if all four wheels have dropped off.

I have just checked my paperwork and they did two separate upgrades. One relates to campaign 97V5 which resolves the issue of the car not starting occasioanally (this may be A7's only but can't see why). The MMI/Sat nav software has no campaign number against it. I have been moaning about this since last April - so I suppose that it is possible that I have been sorted out in advance of a generally released 'campaign' as they like to call it.

My car was fixed at Poole Audi - so it may be possible that a dealer to dealer call may throw some light on things.

Hope things work out for you.

jumpingmatt
13-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi,

Just got my A6 back from my local dealer. They contacted Audi who told them that the sat nav issue was recognised and that they will be soon issuing a service bulletin directing a MMI software upgrade. They then told the tech the code needed to be used and he upgrade my car. The dealer asked me to monitor the car and report if the KM / roundabout anti-clockwise guidence issues show up again.

Hope that helps anyone else who's affected.

Cheers,

Matt

gazza57
18-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Aye to that , in my experience Audi never ever ever admit that anyone else has ever had the problem you are reporting, I think its the standard way of protecting themselves if some really big recall issue comes up.
I have had two issues one involving concert radios on my earlier a6 and the other involving my rear lights filling up with water, in both cases it was suggested I was the only one who had reported this which quickly moved to 3mm of water in the rear lights being "normal" and condensation which made my rear lights resemble a water feature not being an issue they have heard of...yeah right.
of course when you cite any other website other than Audi, along comes the "unauthorised sites are not recognised" quite true I suppose when these unauthorised sites know more about their product than they do themselves.

Gazza57

18-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Best one I've seen in ours so far is it trying to direct me to "Menchester"!! :aargh4:

I hadn't set it to Canal St. HONEST!!!