PDA

View Full Version : What Goodies are worth the extra cash?....

Hugh Jend
03-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi,
I'm now about to order the 170 sport estate (a toss up between this and the BM).
I'm looking to spec' it up a bit more ('though it's a Co car)... The Park Assist looks fun..is it as good as it looks?
Does it still 'only' help with parallel parking, or end on now too?
The reason for asking is that it would be bloody great to reverse onto my drive (with the nosey neighbour watching..as usual) whilst reading a newspaper!
Whilst VW show headlight washers, I have yet to actually see them on the Passat spec', are they available?
Also is the issue with the Tyre Pressure Monitoring cleared up?
Does the monochrome MFD support this, or should I opt for the colour?

Cheers for this!

Pixiedemon
04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
The park assist now does both parallel and bay parking. however, I'd be surprised if the park assist will help you reverse onto to your drive (unless you have other parked cars already there) as the system relies on other cars to locate the parking space. Park Assist can't see painted white lines or a kerb as it relies on the parking sensors.

Don't want to be humourless, but I also wouldn't even try to pretend to be reading whilst the park assist is working. You need to operate the gears and brakes, and keep a close eye on both the parking sensors and your surroundings, as the park assist can take the car ve-ery close to other parked cars.

Can't speak for the B7, but my 2011 CC has TPMS with a mono MFD. I opted for the TPMS as its cheaper than losing a tyre because you didn't spot a slow puncture in time. The low profiles on the Sport are not cheap!

Hope this helps and enjoy your car when it arrives.

Hugh Jend
04-02-2012, 01:15 PM
The park assist now does both parallel and bay parking. however, I'd be surprised if the park assist will help you reverse onto to your drive (unless you have other parked cars already there) as the system relies on other cars to locate the parking space. Park Assist can't see painted white lines or a kerb as it relies on the parking sensors.

Don't want to be humourless, but I also wouldn't even try to pretend to be reading whilst the park assist is working. You need to operate the gears and brakes, and keep a close eye on both the parking sensors and your surroundings, as the park assist can take the car ve-ery close to other parked cars.

Can't speak for the B7, but my 2011 CC has TPMS with a mono MFD. I opted for the TPMS as its cheaper than losing a tyre because you didn't spot a slow puncture in time. The low profiles on the Sport are not cheap!

Hope this helps and enjoy your car when it arrives.

Thanks fir the reply.. On the subject of reading the paper I was being a little light hearted.
Said neighbour is a bit of a c+ck (even 'shooing' cats off his drive..and goes mad when anyone has the temerity to park outside his house, on the other side of the road even!)..so anything that might frustrate him is a bonus.
I re-read the options in the brochure after posting this, so spotted the end on facility.
I did wonder if the sensors would pick up the drives gate posts as an obstacles, treating them as cars parked in a bay.

Glad to see that the TPMS works with your MFD.

cheers and thanks again!