PDA

View Full Version : B7 Alltrack

johnloaderuk
01-02-2012, 11:29 PM
The new B7 based VW alltrack looks pretty good http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/news/370/rugged-passat-alltrack-covers-new-ground-for-volkswagen

sj_4x4
02-02-2012, 03:04 PM
The give with one hand, and take away with the other.

Had high hopes for the Alltrack, my B5 4-Motion was a cracking car, press release says no manual box for the 170, not impressed.

MikeM46
13-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Had both a B4 & a B5 Passat tdi estate in the past & I tried so hard to find a late low mileage B5 4-Motion estate before giving up my 2010 Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE a few weeksw ago 'cos the boot was just too small for our needs, & same problem with the early B6 versions.

Local, VW dealer expects to have the printed brochure in within a week & yes, why no 170 tdi 6 speed manual???

MikeM46
24-03-2012, 11:31 PM
More info on the VW site at http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-alltrack-gp/

bigstuff
27-03-2012, 09:07 PM
that does look nice

MikeM46
10-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Anyone here got one of these yet???

MikeM46
24-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Bump! ... anyone?

CovRob
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Am I the first?

Just joined the forum as I am expecting delivery of my Alltrack next week (cherished transfer paperwork permitting). Previously I have run a 2005 Touareg, 2008 Tiguan and now the Alltrack 170 DSG with a host of VW's before that. Looking forward to some more bootspace, which is the main reason for swapping from the Tig. I hope to contribute more once I take possession, but am just lurking for now to pick up tips.

veedub210
22-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Rob, as I'm still waiting for my Alltrack to get delivered from Grimsby to the dealer. I thought I'd ask how you are getting on with yours.

CovRob
22-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Loving the car, thanks. It has ticked all the boxes for my needs and is a lovely looking car without being overtly obvious. It drives well, has a nice turn of speed and all the gadgets have been explored pretty much. I'd love to figure out how to get traffic camera notifications incorporated into the standard satnav, but I haven't delved too far into trying to resolve that as I'be been fairly busy. It's a nice, refined drive and I'm really chuffed with it.

I know it's the wrong end of the season to be troubling myself with it just yet, but I have sourced a virtually new set of 6.5J 17" VW alloys for this model to take 205/50 winter tyres that I'll fit come October-time. It's a practice I've had for the last 4 years and I like the reasurrance having the winter rubber on when the weather turns...I'm not sure how forgiving the standard Conti tyres would be when the real winter is here.

veedub210
22-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Something I'll keep mind about the tyres. I would have loved to have the car today considering the amount of snow we have had here in West Yorkshire with more coming later! Also how often do you use the park assist. I've ordered it on mine's but not sure how often I would use it. Also this is my first 4MOTION car. My previous VAG cars were a Golf GTI, Golf GTD and Octavia vRS, so looking forward to it.

CovRob
22-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I've had VW 4 wheel drive since 2005 with a Touareg & 2 Tiguans. It's great for getting you moving in the white stuff, but braking & turning is no better than a 2wd car. Winter tyres perform better all round when the temps drop to 7 degrees C or below. That is the reassurance I sought. My primary reason for 4Motion is the extra towing capacity for my caravan though.

The Park Assist featured first in my 2008 Tiguan. I'm OK with parallel parking, but it is an amusing gadget to demonstrate to passengers. The earlier system was a little temperamental if you tried to rush it, the newer versions seem to be more responsive when activated. My car came with it already specified, so not specifically a selection from the options list. I lost out on bi-xenons that I'd had on the previous 2 Tiguans too, but to be fair, I'm happy with the standard headlight performance so far when night driving.

veedub210
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Now I have been driving the Alltrack for about a week and I really love the car. One thing I can’t work out is getting the passenger mirror to dip when engaging reverse. Previously I’ve had this feature with my previous cars and it’s a handy feature. Reading the manual I can’t work out whether this only works with optional memory seats or a setting on the MFD that I can’t find. Also a quick check on the internet and there are people commenting that it requires a dealer to make changes using the VW diagnostic tool. Rob, can you shed any light on this before I go back to the dealer?

CovRob
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I had this feature on my previous Tiguan but it was part of an option called the mirror pack. My Alltrack handbook does mention the dipping mirror function in reverse, but I cannot seem to get it to operate either. As the car I bought was pre-specced with options I presumed it was not a standard feature of the car and not on the options chosen either, although mirror pack is mentioned in my purchase invoice. On my Tiguan it would only operate when the mirror control was set to adjust the nearside mirror. Not very helpful, I am afraid, but if you get it working, please let me know as it would be useful to enable.

juice
29-06-2013, 12:08 AM
I've had my All Track now for just over a month and am absolutely loving it. It's so refined, feels like a full on limo. Im still inventing reasons to go out for a drive in it.
I'm just getting used to the auto handbrake and blue motion stop/start.
I would be interested in what mpg other alltrack owner are getting, on the computer I have averaged 40 over the 3000 miles I have done a mix of town and motorway. This is the same as I was getting with my previous car, a passat 4 motion. I was hoping for better with the blue motion, but it's early days.

djmx5
18-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Just wondered how you were finding the Alltrack since your last post. Quite taken with this model as a replacement for my B5 estate. Arnold Clark VW dealers in Glasgow are offering base spec models at under £23k which seems like a good deal. I went to my local VW garage in Staffs to have a look at one but no joy, the staff said they had never seen one!

I would like to know if the tow bar is already fitted or is this an option?

Ok thanks

D
ne

juice
18-07-2014, 10:51 PM
D ne
i've now had mine just over a year and done 24k miles. It's been faultless, did three months in the alps in the winter and never missed a beat on snow and ice with winter tyres on. I did a long trip to Southern Italy last summer where it was just great. Don't worry about the spec as there is only the one spec which is quite high. The tow bar is an option at around £900 which I have and works fine. I have the 140 which delivers enough power and 42 mpg. You see few of them around but there is always 1 or 2 s/h on auto trader and the year old ones are priced £24-£20k. If it's a new one for £23k then that's not a bad deal.

djmx5
19-07-2014, 08:31 AM
juice, thanks for the response, rarity seems almost guaranteed as i have never seen one in the flesh so to speak and trying to find one within a reasonable distance for a look is proving difficult.

I have seen the s/h one's listed on auto trader and they do seem expensive by comparison. my local dealer could only find one car that they could source, that was with with leather and even applying a 20% discount it came out at £26k so the Arnold Clark deal is looking good. I am aware that there is a new passat due later this year so other discounts may be available also.

My intention is to tow a c/van, so with a 2000kg limit it would seems good tug for all but the largest of vans.

Good to know that you have had faultless motoring with yours, i would have been surprised had you said otherwise, my 9 yr old B5 tdi is still going great guns.

Cheers
D

CovRob
19-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I would echo the above positive comments. After just over a year of ownership the car has performed well, towed well (caravan too) and fulfilled my needs faultlessly. A 2000kg caravan is right at the top end of its capacity and over the all-up weight of he car, so a less than desirable combination in my opinion, but with our 6 berth single axle 1550kg model it's fine.

The factory-fit option of the retractable towbar is a good choice as it is out of the way when not required.

Desktoplogix
01-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Late to the party I know but I have recently taken delivery of an 8 month old Alltrack 170PS DSG and I love it. I had been a Subaru devotee (Outback) until now but this beats it hands down for comfort and refinement. Whether it is as good in the snow remains to be seen as the Outback was pretty good (with the 50/50 drive) rather than the moveable feast that is the Haldex system.

skip24ftlb
22-10-2015, 05:09 AM
I've just recently purchased an all track. Its a 1 year old 64 plate 177ps with the dsg box. It was a vw directors car and only done 4k. Its a nice comfortable bus with a nice turn of pace and lovely ride quality. Not got the adjustable electronic dampers either. Not bad on squirt. Regularly hitting 45 average on the motorway commute. Early days with it and my first vw. Its got a hard act to follow. My pug 407 2.2hdi has been relatively faultless over the last 5 years / 60,000 mile. Just a couple of abs sensors needed, but they are known to be a bit flaky...
Paul

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Stu Sheridan
22-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Sounds like a lot of car mate, good luck with it.

I'm simular - recently bought a Passat after having a faultless Mitsubishi for the last five years.

Welcome :)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

skip24ftlb
03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Has anyone had an aftermarket tow bar fitted to the alltrack ? Costs ? Recommendations ? Any pictures ? Just ordered the lower rear valence as I've been told by 3 independent tow bar companies that it's required for the all track.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk