PDA

View Full Version : Avant bike carrier

aussiejock
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
After some advise and experience please!

Im finding it rather difficult to get a bike carrier (not towbar or roof mounted) for the avant to fit due to the tailgate spoiler.

Has anyone found a suitable make/model that just straps on, preferably a carrier that takes upto 3 bikes?

Thanks in advance.

AJ

SunnyBard
02-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Im finding it rather difficult to get a bike carrier (not towbar or roof mounted) for the avant to fit due to the tailgate spoiler.

Not what you wanted to hear, but my old Hollywood Racks Elevator wouldn't fit, so I ended up going for Thule roofbars and proride carrier ...

nevo
02-02-2012, 07:43 AM
The strap on variety are crap, with 3 bikes on they're not stable and will scratch your car,get em on the roof or fit a tow bar,I've had all three and that's my view for what its worth.

aussiejock
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Thought as much!
Thanks.

Eshrules
02-02-2012, 01:43 PM
The strap on variety are crap, with 3 bikes on they're not stable and will scratch your car,get em on the roof or fit a tow bar,I've had all three and that's my view for what its worth.

Very sound advice.

Also made me giggle.

A lot.

Ardy
03-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Agreed - I tried and made a mess - so plunged for the audi roof bars and bike racks and its so secure its spot on.